PDA

View Full Version : Help.........yahoo photos

hotlegs
09-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I tried to send a few photos in yahoo messenger when it was the old messenger but the other person couldn't receive them so yahoo automatically gave me urls and put the pics somewhere else. Since then my house has been on fire and i lost my treasured pics so i am desperate to find them somewhere on yahoo. Customer service won't even answer my emails. I'm in UK
Can someone please help???

justhelping
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
From what you said you should have a backup of the pics on your PC. When Yahoo or any service uploads pictures it does not "take" them but either draws them from your hard-drive or makes copies for their server. Never has it been that your pictures could outright be taken. If you know the name of the pictures and the extension (.gif or .jpg) just do the following

On your computer
press start (green button lower left)
menu will pop up then look for "search"
then choose "pictures,music, or video" option
type in the name of the pic with the extention (example-car.jpg)

or if you dont know the name of the pic just type in the extension either .gif,.jpg,.bmp and so forth in the search area (example- .jpg). Your computer will find all the pictures on your pc for that.

Hope it helps.

hotlegs
09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
thanks but the problem is my pc has been formatted since then......
i am so sad about this the photos were really sentimental and i know they are on the net somewhere but can't get them.
I was gonna scan the only one i had left and ask if anyone had seen any pics
with this person in it lol
never mind.........i'm losing it now lol :)

thanks a lot hunny...........if u have any more suggestions it would b appreciated x

justhelping
09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Since you say you formatted your drive you could always get a program that recovers lost data. Their are some good ones that will recover your pics. I knwo of a few that I can't post here as that would be an endorsment but if you type into yahoo search engine the words (recover lost data) you will find plenty that do this even on formatted drives.

the other suggestion is google search or yahoo search the name of the pic only under the "images" catagory. like where it says search the web their are options to search groups, search images etc.

Depends on how badly you want these back. good luck to you

Reaper
09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
When you try to send photos to a friend that has a different version of Messenger, it will send them to a temporary location so that your friend can click the link to download the photos. If your friend did do this, he/she should still have those photos that you tried to send. Did you ask your friend if the photos were downloaded?

n8dued
01-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I tried to send a few photos in yahoo messenger when it was the old messenger but the other person couldn't receive them so yahoo automatically gave me urls and put the pics somewhere else. Since then my house has been on fire and i lost my treasured pics so i am desperate to find them somewhere on yahoo. Customer service won't even answer my emails. I'm in UK
Can someone please help???

Hi there.
I would think that they would somehow be linked to your profile listing, or even through your mail account. You could do a search for the subject matter the pictures were in, or I am sure you can remember the name that you gave a few of them. It's worth a shot just doing a basic search for the name of your pics, in yahoo photos. I hope yuo find them.