Support Sentry Forums

Support Sentry Forums (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   yahoo member password (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32)

microfire21 01-19-2005 08:18 AM

yahoo member password

anyone out there know how to get ahold of a live person to get a new password for the user acct's....i got mail from work coming in an i really need to get into my acct...somehow my password has changed an im kinda in a bind....any help would be great....i have done everything that is in there lil help menus an it hasnt done jack for me :mad: anyways thnxz

martha_f_lives 01-24-2005 04:27 PM

same problem please I need to talk to a live person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microfire21
anyone out there know how to get ahold of a live person to get a new password for the user acct's....i got mail from work coming in an i really need to get into my acct...somehow my password has changed an im kinda in a bind....any help would be great....i have done everything that is in there lil help menus an it hasnt done jack for me :mad: anyways thnxz

Same problem, I need to speak to a live person.

cheboinkien 01-24-2005 06:58 PM

same

i too have had my password as well as all of my security info changed. when i brought this to the customer service attention i keep gettin the same automated response. someone has to know how to get around this an help us regain acess to our accounts :(

Princess99 02-02-2005 01:50 PM

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by microfire21

I, am getting the same on my account. For some reason my password got changed. I've been using the search engine trying to get a Yahoo! representative, customer service, and/or email address. Any information to reach them will be helpful. And if I come across something I will let EVERYONE KNOW!!!

babygreeneyes 02-10-2005 04:20 PM

:mad: same is happening to me .my password is changed and info and i havent changed anything.. what do we do or will any one help??? :confused:

admin 02-10-2005 06:41 PM

anyone tried to contact them here [url]http://docs.yahoo.com/info/address/[/url] ?

omyangel 03-02-2005 01:49 AM

frustrated with yahoo problems

I have also experienced the same problems with Yahoo. All of a sudden over a week ago it says my password is invalid. I use the same password all the time and I did not change it. Also same problem when entering personal info to get new password, message says it doesn't match what I have on file. I totally agree, it is very difficult not to enter your own birthdate and zipcode correctly, so what gives? I have emailed Yahoo continually for over a week and all I get are those automated replies that don't have anything to do with the problem I am having. I am so frustrated! :eek: Also having same problem with messenger, invalid everything!! :( :eek:
Thank you to the person that posted a customer service phone number for Yahoo, that will be my next step. I have had that account ever since Yahoo came online and all my important mail goes there. If I ever get back into that account I'm certainly going to make a hard copy of my address book too. I printed it once but sure can't find it now, guess just have to learn the hard way...ouch!
Sure hope this can get resolved soon. Please post if anyone has new info on this matter. Thank you very much!
Best Regards

jzblaze 03-10-2005 09:59 PM

Hey omyangel,

I just wanted to ask if you are positive what info u initially signed up as. Because since I couldn't give them the correct bday I'm not able to reset my password. It was so long ago that I can't remember if I used a bogus bday or my real one. But if what you say is true and that the personal info may have been changed too(which is not far from the realm of possibility as all our passwords have been changed) then it is even more disturbing. ANd there's some yahoo customer service reps that need to get an earful from me. Let me know what happens when you try that number.

jzblaze 03-10-2005 10:01 PM

also I wanted to share that my password for email and Messenger went bad after I clicked on a link from an offline message from a friend. My friends have been tellin me that they've been gettin an offline message from me, displaying a link. It's ironic that the link I got this from was from a Yahoo employee. Regardless of whether I get access back I will no longer use any Yahoo services. Messenger, mail, groups, and even fantasy sports. Today is the first day of my Yahoo boycott.

Mr SupportSentry 03-11-2005 10:42 PM

jzblaze,

sounds to me like you account was hijacked more than anything. There are so many scammers out there today that it is tough to know what emails/messages are real and what are fake. I doubt that Yahoo! will ever send out a link via email or Messenger that you click on to do something. They would most likely ask you to log into your account via the Yahoo! home page and make the changes there. If you or anyone else is ever in doubt, don't click on something. If you do, check the url of the page you are on. I am pretty positive you will find that it is not on the yahoo.com domain. In any case, it sucks that you cannot get back into your account.

Sagicool 03-24-2005 01:13 AM

it's all gone!!!

To all fellow Yahoo-ians who has lost their account or password....

It's pointless to speak to the customer service officer. This is the worst ever experience I have encountered with such customer service officer or service level provided. I made the call from another part of the global and I am truly disappointed and to a certain extend disgusted by such service level provide by Yahoo Inc. And goodness me, it shocked me as I thought Amercian provide excellent Customer service.

My account was created back in 99 and I have not since changed the profile or whatsoever. This faithfull day, about 10 days ago, I received an shocking email, saying my password has been changed in my alternative email account. I tried to contact yahoo security via email, get only one response a day, 3 different person, and guess what? Yes, you are right, same old automated response. Even my offer to pay for a services charges has been turned into deaf ears.

Great disappointment!! I declared defeat by the great mighty Yahoo ..... For such excellment services provided. It's totally useless to make the call... I think i have wasted my precious time and money.

Mr SupportSentry 03-25-2005 11:34 PM

That is really not cool and I can understand your frustration as I recently lost a machine that had over 6 years worth of emails and documents on it. I was fortunate enough to recover the data from one of the mirrored hard drives a week ago, but for four months I thought it was gone forever. If we can get everyone who is having this same problem (which seems to be more and more common every day) to document their case in these forums, maybe Yahoo! will take notice and not leave all of you out in the cold like they have.

sugarsmack11 03-28-2005 11:36 PM

Yahoo ID Theft

Hello everyone,
My yahoo ID was taken this morning around 2 a.m. Someone asked me to add them and I hit 'deny' and typed in that I didn't know them and no thanks.

Within 10 min I got a notice that I had signed in on another computer. Then in a few more minutes I got an email from yahoo at my alternate address that I had just changed my password. :mad:

Now that is all well and good but they should have a link or something that lets you say that you DID NOT do it to and something for you to insert a PIN that is not anywhere not even on your Yahoo acct to acknowledge that you didn't or maybe did do it. :(

And I totally agree that it makes no sense that you can't get in touch with yahoo customer care except for those generated emails they send out. :mad:

I paid for my account but I'm looking around for another service that actually has 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' because this makes no sense. :mad:

Thanks for putting that phone number up there b/c I will be using it.

snwsurfer 03-29-2005 04:42 PM

Called Yahoo Customer Service

Hey,

Yesterday my password got switched and I couldn't log in. This morning I called yahoo.

Without the proper info, date of birth and zip/postal. You're pretty much screwed. I got my yahoo account maybe around 8 years ago when internet security wasn't always as secure, so back then I usually put bogus info.

So as of now I cannot get into my account, nor will I get the password reset unless I can remember what bogus info I put.

I guess the only thing to do now is A) complain about it and do nothing. or B)fight to get it back.

I honestly don't see why we cannot have access to our account. It's their screw up, not ours. Their security has been comprimised so we have to suffer the consequences? I'm gonna put a petition in and have it sent to the yahoo corporate office. I'm not saying its gonna work but its worth a shot to get our accounts back. I guess we can start by getting a tally of how many people want to petition the issue, after that in a week or so, or whenever we have enough names, we can pm or email all the info to me, i'll have it printed out in a letter and mailed to the head office.

I'll start a new post...

debthepsych 05-24-2005 02:33 AM

Try 1-408-349-1572 only til 6pm pacific time

Mr SupportSentry 06-02-2005 04:22 PM

yes, and I would ask about alternative methods of verifying your account (copy of driver's license, notarized letter, etc)