Support Sentry Forums

Support Sentry Forums (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Actual Yahoo! Cust. Support Telephone Number!!!!!! (http://www.supportsentry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80)

jon42 03-18-2005 04:12 AM

Actual Yahoo! Cust. Support Telephone Number!!!!!!

1-408-349-1572.
They are only open until 6pm pacific time.

Mr SupportSentry 03-18-2005 08:24 PM

very nice, very nice

sugarsmack11 03-28-2005 11:41 PM

Thanks!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :)

snwsurfer 03-29-2005 12:32 PM

Anyone Get Their Account Back?

Hey,

Yesterday around 4pm I came home, checked email and sent out a few as well. Then later on around 10pm when I tried to log in, "invalid password". I really hope that whatever hijack has taken my account isn't using my current sources to send out crap, I dont use Yahoo MSGer so I suppose its okay there, but I have really important info and contacts in my emails that I need for work.

Has anyone who lost their account pass called yahoo and got it back again? OR are well all screwed. I'm really pissed off about this, I didn't even open up any junk mail or anything... I'll try calling Yahoo on the phone, hopefully something happens

Thanks guys...

SinfullyDelish 04-03-2005 05:31 AM

Yipee!!

Earlier in the week, I checked one of my many Yahoo! addresses with no problem. Yesterday, it tells me invalid password and refuses to let me sign in. I wrote Yahoo! several times about it, using their feedback forms, which promise a prompt reply - HA!! I have been a wreck the last two days because off all the emails I have saved in that account...I care more about them than I do the actual email address, although I've had it for 8 years. I've also spent any number of hours looking for a number to call, before I thought to do a search on the net. I won't be able to call until tomorrow, but thanks to the fellow that posted that number!!

Sin

pdulloor 05-01-2005 01:31 AM

How to get my messages back ?? Plzz Help !!

hi guys,
I had called the yahoo customer service and have re-activated my acount after about 7-8 months. Thanks to Jon who put the cust serv no. there ..

But to my shock found all the mails and folders deleted !! :mad:
Is there anyway that I can retrieve those mails ? if so HOW ??
Those mails are very vry imp for me and would appreciate if anyone can help me in that regard...

loveboo 05-30-2005 03:27 PM

Thanks a Million Jon

I have searched the Yahoo site over and over trying to find some link to customer service and have miserabely failed. I receiver an e-mail from service@yahoo telling me that my e-mail account was going to be suspended in the subject line but when I opened the e-mail, I couldn't read it because it was infected with a virus. All I want to know is why my account is being suspended and I couldn't find any kind of contact info, so thabks from the bottom of my heart.

Boo

GentleGiantAmI 05-31-2005 03:20 PM

No phone technical support for yahoo briefcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon42
1-408-349-1572.
They are only open until 6pm pacific time.

There is no phone technical support for the briefcase. Only by email. Email has been terrible so far. Well, at least I can get my money back if I cancel.

Mr SupportSentry 06-02-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdulloor
hi guys,
I had called the yahoo customer service and have re-activated my acount after about 7-8 months. Thanks to Jon who put the cust serv no. there ..

But to my shock found all the mails and folders deleted !! :mad:
Is there anyway that I can retrieve those mails ? if so HOW ??
Those mails are very vry imp for me and would appreciate if anyone can help me in that regard...

When you say re-activated, do you mean it was shut down due to inactivity? If that is the case, I doubt you will be able to get those emails back.

Mr SupportSentry 06-02-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwsurfer
Hey,

Yesterday around 4pm I came home, checked email and sent out a few as well. Then later on around 10pm when I tried to log in, "invalid password". I really hope that whatever hijack has taken my account isn't using my current sources to send out crap, I dont use Yahoo MSGer so I suppose its okay there, but I have really important info and contacts in my emails that I need for work.

Has anyone who lost their account pass called yahoo and got it back again? OR are well all screwed. I'm really pissed off about this, I didn't even open up any junk mail or anything... I'll try calling Yahoo on the phone, hopefully something happens

Thanks guys...

I believe there have been a few people, who after much work and persistence, were able to get their accounts back. I would just be persistent and dilligent about calling the Yahoo! customer service phone number and telling them that you need to get the account back and that there has to be something you can do to prove you are the owner. Send them a copy of your driver's license, notarized letter, etc.

dford56 06-02-2005 05:07 PM

dford56

Does anyone know why this locking out of password is happening? I too used my e-mail and then went back a short time later to find invalid password. And a call to the telphone support was little help they say just to wait on the e-mail. :mad:

Mr SupportSentry 06-02-2005 05:22 PM

I think there are a lot of people out there trying to sniff passwords and use malicious software (aka spyware) to capture logins and passwords. It is prudent at this point to make sure you have some kind of anti-virus software, anit-spyware software (like the yahoo! toolbar) and use the secure login option when you log in to Yahoo! services.

Werner 06-03-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford56
Does anyone know why this locking out of password is happening? I too used my e-mail and then went back a short time later to find invalid password. And a call to the telphone support was little help they say just to wait on the e-mail. :mad:
I had the same problem today. I'm furious. I have a lot of contacts, and emails, on it, plus the 5 or 6 years that I've had the address - I don't want to have to go through the hassle of changing my primary email address. I mean, obviously I have others, but I don't want to use them primarily.

I dispatched an email to Y! Support using my GMail account as my "point of contact". If anyone's phone conversations work, please let me know. I want/need to get into my inbox.

Thanks!
Werner

Werner 06-03-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveboo
I have searched the Yahoo site over and over trying to find some link to customer service and have miserabely failed. I receiver an e-mail from service@yahoo telling me that my e-mail account was going to be suspended in the subject line but when I opened the e-mail, I couldn't read it because it was infected with a virus. All I want to know is why my account is being suspended and I couldn't find any kind of contact info, so thabks from the bottom of my heart.

Boo
Likely, if it contained a virus, it was a spoof. Your account probably isn't being suspended. ;)

Trey 06-15-2005 03:48 AM

Werner is 100 % correct,I have seen a lot of these of late,always with a ominous warning in the subject line that tries to scare you to open it,always with a forged e-mail header.

Almost all ISP's will not send you a notification that your account is being closed,they just do it and then you have to call them and find out why.

Secondly people,why in the world would they send you a e-mail with a zip attachment ?...first off if you open attachments your asking for it,and I mean from anyone including friends,do you know if your Friends computer is clean,do you know that some Trojans and/or viruses go right for the persons address book and sends it's self out to everyone in it ?.....I have two people that I will open attachments from because they are knowledgeable on security measures and know to protect their machines from attack,that's it,some friends I delete thier e-mail with out opening it and I tell them do not send attachments becuase it will not be read

Why does anyone in this day and age not have a virus scan that checks
e-mail,Trojan protection,and a firewall ?..it's too bad that the internet has come to this in just a few short years but the sad truth is you have to protect your self,A word of warning to those who are lax about this,ISP's are at the point to where if your running a zombie box your account is going to be suspended till you fix it,mine(Adelphia Cable is doing this now) I hate spam and It makes me more upset from my own ISP's domain,and yes I report every single piece of spam and every connection attempt made from my ISP's domain.I would wager that 90% of those IP addy's the owner doesn't even know that they are infected.

Bottom line is this take responsibility for your own security,don't believe that e-mail is from who it purports to be and if you get a e-mail over 45KB in size or it has a attachment delete it,size alone is a big tip off that you have been sent a virus.

Educate yourself and at the least get one of those all in one security suites that a lot of ISP's are offering,it's better than nothing.

~Trey~

dford56 06-15-2005 04:05 PM

Protection

I have a firewall, antivirus and everything else under the sun. My account still was stolen. I think its something on Yahoo side. :D

wnagatani 06-20-2005 02:48 PM

Password Invalid

I have the same problem. Thanks for the cust svc number post. I initally called SBC but the number but after 20 min they said yahoo is the only people that can help - and they gave me a number to call - disconnected. I found this post and they were helpful - said that the form is looking for an sbcglobal.net domain for the ID. Since I am a Prodigy customer (bought by Pac Bell, bought by SBC, yada), prodigy tier 2 tech support can help. He transferred me and THAT number is disconnected. So I am back on hold here.

Anyone else have that explanation for the "invalid password" issue?

funkeytut 11-01-2005 11:08 AM

e-mail problems with yahoo

Seems were all in the same boad e-mail wise. Yesterday I got a invalad password message from yahoo. Same pass Ive used for a long time. Messenger didnt work either. Got a new one sent to me and now messenger works but e-mail? NOPE.........cant get it to work at all.......driving me crazy. :confused: What to do cant find a way to reach a human there and they dont respond to messeges at all.

funkeytut 11-01-2005 06:07 PM

I too have everything under the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford56
I have a firewall, antivirus and everything else under the sun. My account still was stolen. I think its something on Yahoo side. :D

Ya me too I also have enough security software to stop most anything that is thrown at me.........still have no yahoo e-mail. I believe its something that has happend at there end. I also have the obligatory e-mail saying were working on it........wait 12 to 48 hrs....yup you betcha.

Reaper 11-07-2005 02:49 PM

Spam and phishing are the top annoyances for email these days. Chances are that Yahoo really isn't going to contact you personally. So if you DO get what appears to be an email from them, hover your cursor over the link they send. If its not similiar to [url]www.yahoo.com[/url], chances are that its a phish. If you are not sure then go to yahoo's site on a separate browser and email them the link you have gotten or forward the email to [email]spoof@yahoo.com[/email] and see what they make of it.

Btw people, if you get a forwarded message from your friends in messenger saying that Yahoo is going to close your account if they don't recieve this message, DON'T PASS IT ON. People get bored these days and make up these stupid stories about yahoo closing accounts. This will never happen along with Yahoo going to charge everyone money to use Messenger. Message your friend and tell them to stop being so stupidly gullable.

kwv 03-16-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks guys...

Many many times I have try to log on to my email account and many many times I get the invalid password even those I know 100% I put in the right password.

And I didn't email yahoo support because I know from past experience dealing with Yahoo it is quicker to wait for Yahoo mail, and the search engine and the links and the directory and etc and etc to right it self then get answers from Yahoo help.

So on this basic why did Yahoo get in the top 10 USA communations companies list I think in 2005?

PS On The Australian Yahoo email logon screen there is a women smiling why?

hifive 05-01-2006 02:47 PM

At Last A Yahoo Phone Number

:) Jon,

Thanks for the Yahoo phone number. I have been searching for several hours.

Thanks again!

hifive

lordielordie 05-01-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks guys...

I got mine back.. I had to call them, then email them, and eventually fax them a copy of a photo ID (Driver's lic.).. it took 3-4 days and I got a new password..

brenain 05-03-2006 01:28 PM

Yahoo Hijack

I had my account hijacked over the weekend. Been fighting with Yahoo Security for 3 days trying to prove I am the owner. Like others, I have had this account for a very long time, and the missing information is the 'secret answer' and I sure don't remember using "Who's Hungry" as my prompt!
I tried sending a PDF of my driver's license to Yahoo Security, and received an answer this morning that only supplying *all* of the registration information would allow me access to the account.
You would think that given the forum here, and Yahoo's knowledge of it, that something would be done to alleviate all of the hoops that you are forced to jump through.
I still have no access to my account, and it doesn't look like Yahoo is giving me any options other than to guess the 'secret word' that the hacker set up.

This is absolutely terrible. If I ever get access back with Yahoo, I am dropping them as soon as possible.

Kevin

ericbgray 05-22-2006 05:04 PM

Thank you very much!!!

That has to be one of the hardest phone numbers to find! I really appreciate it, hopefully they will be able to resolve my issue.

jascar 05-31-2006 12:25 AM

I am currently trying the email address, and if I am not successful there, I will try the phone number. I had my account fished away from me a year ago... and I tried for 3 days to get it back, but gave up because they had kept only giving me 3 shots at answering what my favorite song was from 6 years prior...

Here's to hoping!