View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 06:28 AM
rizalkhan

Angry Yahoo account hijacked. Their CS is useless!

I would like to share an incident that happened to me day before (the 4th of April 2006) which is causing me a lot of pain today. The story goes as follows

a) I was on Yahoo Messenger (YM) when I received a message from my supervisor. Let me know if you need the URL and I will be happy to provide it to you if you guys need to see it

b) The URL being a Geocities site, I was asked my Yahoo login and password. When I entered the page, all I saw was a couple of pictures I had saved to my yahoo briefcase before.

c) Yesterday (5th of April 2006) I am told by my friends that my YM had automatically sent a similar message to everyone in my account. It must have been automatically triggered as it did not come from me.

d) Yesterday, I was unable to log into my YM

e) And after trying several times which failed, I then tried to log in through login.yahoo.com. Again it failed indicating my id and password did not match my account is now suspended for 12 hours. I have written (yes, they take ages to reply) to Yahoo but they cant help me because i) I cant answer the question – Which has been changed (not by me) to “What am I Looking at now?” ii) Alternate email which is not correct.

Their CS has insisted I know the answer the above question. Can you imagine? How the hell am I to know the answer? Further to that, are they not aware than anyone stealing your login can change everything there is inside your account? Basically my Yahoo! Account has been hijacked. I believe this is a worm which was activated after I had clicked the geocities link.

I went through this forum. Alot of us are experiencing the same thing and yet Yahoo! has not been able to help. Seriously, there are more ways to verify a person that this stupid process. There must be considering i've had this account for more than 5 years now. Trully dissapointed!!!!!!!