View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 AM
knightoftears

Default Careful With BOA

I used to use BOA awhile back, until I had a falling out of sorts with them. After being laid off my job I decided to close my account and change to another bank. I informed them I wanted to close my account an get all my money out and pay any fees that were incurred. After doing this about a month or two later I get a notice telling me I have an overdraft on my account (which has been closed) and that a $30.00 fee has been charged to me for the overdraft. I contacted them and explained what happened, and it seems my account was never closed, but only had a few cents left in it, and when the bank charged it's monthly fee, it overdrafted the account. I thought I had it all settled after that, but then I got another notice, saying the same thing, and now the balance owed was over $60. I was very angry at this point, so I went to a local branch and had it done personally. After saying all fees would be cleared and I was not liable, they turned it over to CheckSystems and made it harder for me to get another account. I will never do busniess with BOA again.