Thread: SBC Nightmare!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 07:21 PM
janer

Angry yet another SBC nightmare!

i signed up with SBC in april 2005 because i didn't think i was able to get other service for one reason or another. from the beginning i was bumped off the internet because of using the phone (the whole reason to get DSL!) and crappy phone service - static on the line etc...while on the internet. last week, my internet just went down - over the course of a week, i spent about 7 hours on the phone with SBC and they couldn't identify the problem so told me it was the modem and sent me a new one which took 3-5 business days which fell over the weekend so my service was down for 8 days! when i got the new modem, it still didn't work so i called my computer manufacturer - i had to spend $99 for the support since i was 5 months beyond my warranty but they helped me - SBC took me through virtually all of the steps the manufacturer did except about 2 - SBC should have been able to help me with this - they were 2 steps away from solving the problem but since they stick to the scripts and prompts, they kep passing me around. now, SBC has offered me a $5.32 in my bill - i asked for a month's compensation and a waiver of the early termination fee - they refused - i recommend looking for any other service than SBC and i will definately be looking so that when my contract is up, i won't support them anymore!