Thread: Yahoo ID stolen
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:49 AM
alairt1

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougO
My yahoo password got changed, they changed the info so that I couldn't get it back via the web or from my first phone call to yahoo. What sucks is I know who did it. I'm waiting for yahoo to call me back since thier first tier CS couldn't help me. I was told they do log the IP address of the person who changes passwords so I'm hoping I can get this person arrested. I know thier first name, age, what they look like, where they might work and a general idea of where they live. Yahoo said I need a supenia(sp) to get the IP address of the person who did this, so now I'm wondering what branch of law enforcement can I go to, to report this person for Identity Theft. I've had this account since 1999 and have many personal and finacial info in it.

Any advice from yall would be helpful, thanks

This really is very very aggravating!!!! I lost my account on August 3rd, 2005. I didn't know it until the next time I signed in. Yahoo customer service were of very little help. They kept telling me that none of my info matched up and that my secret answer was not valid and that it was basically my fault that this happened to me! I have personal history and financial info in it too!!! I too have had it since 1999!!!

I created another Yahoo account, to monitor my old account and TODAY September 24, 2005 I saw someone had sign in under my account! This is terrifying! Yahoo preaches about it's security yet I feel so unsecure about my account with them. I even asked if they would just cancel it if I couldn't have it back and that didn't happen either!