Thread: Yahoo ID stolen
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 07:48 PM
jobeth66

I *just* got hit with the same Phish last week, and unfortunately had to let it go for a week because I was going to New Orleans, and was incommunicado. I did email this morning the friend whose account sent it to me to let him know - and someone told me my account sent the phish out today.

I have too much stuff in that account to lose

What I HOPE will help is that none of my personal information apparently has changed - they verified my name & birthdate just fine. I just can't remember the answer to my challenge question (that WILL change once I get back in!) and the phisher deleted my alternate email, so that screws me up a little.

One thing I *really* hope I have going in my favor to prove who I am is that my Yahoo account is a *paid* account, not a free one. I have a copy of the credit card statement showing the payment date & reference number for when my account renewed, and I'm hoping that'll be enough to get everything back.

A heartfelt thank you to the members of this forum, I was completely frustrated and hadn't even realized I was phished - I have spent the last 3 days since I've been home trying to find a damn service support number.

They're supposed to call me back within 72 hours to discuss my case and hopefully get me back in - I'll let you know what happens.