View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 PM
kishmu

Hi,

My problem is the secret answer doesn't match with what is in their system. The secret question in their system is something I wrote, much later than when I first created the account. My guess was I was answering the wrong question. So I again emailed Yahoo password security asking them to provide me with the list of secret questions asked from a user in the year 1998, when I first registered. Then a guy called Christopher emails the same old standard reply that they cannot help me because I don't match all their crap.

Who else can help me with that question but Yahoo? Their customer service is bogus.

BTW, its interesting you see "password hackers" in the Web that can do the job for a price. Obviously these guys "hack" by trading phished passwords. Its a business. If you look in their webpages (won't name them here), you will find they can hack Yahoo and Hotmail. *Not* gmail (atleast not yet).
Yahoo is helping these businesses! I wonder if these hackers work for Yahoo, because their Geocities web page was used for phishing Bad reasoning but I dont care. Yahoo allowed passwords to be hacked by their own services. They were careless in allowing someone to impersonate themselves in their Geocities page.

Apart from reporting to FTC (please do if you haven't), I suggest we stop using Yahoo's email. Boycott them. Switch to gmail ( no I dont work for email, but I haven't seen another free email provider that is hack free - atleast yet).
Discontinue from their paid services if you do. Spread the word around in your blogs. If someone can take this to the newspaper, that would be even better.

Yahoo will pay for this.