View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
ilm

Unhappy Symantec support is unreachable!

I'm glad I found this website. At least I'm not the only one disgusted with Symantec!

Out of desperation, after failing every effort to use Symantec's website and phone number to get a problem resolved, I searched on "symantec service complaint" and this was on the list of websites that came up. My Norton SystemWorks 2005 expires 12/2005, and I don't plan to renew it. But I can't get LiveUpdate to work at all. I might have to replace the Norton with another software way before it expires.

I felt like such a fool not to be able to get any help from Symantec to find out what's wrong. Now I know it's THEM not me creating the communications problem.

I get a message that I'm running "a pre-released or beta version of a 2005 symantec product...." and my download freezes. This text is not in their websearch dictionary, and the phone line requests a credit card before anyone will come on, with warnings about a longer than usual waiting time (with charges by minute as you wait???). There is NO free service except for pre-existing lists of terms and NO service personnel, not even an online conversation box.

Does anyone know how to remove every last trace of all Norton products so McAfee or some such can be downloaded instead?