View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc
Actually, I called the number posted and it was for Yahoo personals. They were nice enough to give me the REAL contact number for yahoo customer service: 1-408-349-1572. I have spent alot of time trying to find the ever elusive number. So here ya go!

Hi, I had issues with my account being compromised so I called this particular number which was somewhat correct for the situation. The gentleman who posted the 866 number just above was correct for the small business accounts area. But I had to have security. So if you lost a password to a hostile takeover, then here is the direct email that the 408-349-1572 Yahoo number gave me to get verification and a new password. The email is: [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]

This was the email for account security. She said you will send them an email and it will send you an automated email telling you that they will send an email within 24-48 hours wanting verification of your account info. Hope this helps any other person who had their account info stolen.

BTW, mine was stolen by someone stealing a friends account, then the thief resets the password, then sends a tripod photos link to each of the victims, making them think that their friend has photos online. When you enter your username and password it comes up with nothing and the thief gets your account info and resets your password and continues the action to others. This is very hostile and I think Yahoo should make an investigation into it. I have the screen shots and messages.