View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 AM
singalou

Default hotmail won't let us in either

We've been having problems with our hotmail accounts, too, for over a week now. My husband can access his account ONLY through our internet explorer brower and not mozilla....but can only access paypal, ebay through mozilla.
The windows security updates are the cause of some problems and they have come out with a 'patch' to download which helps resolve some of those issues. I, too, changed all of my privacy and security settings on my computer to no avail. The patch did help with internet explorer access to all but my son's account which we STILL have not been able to retrieve and it seems as though we will NOT be able to get it. I spent two hours on the phone with msn tonite and was basically told that since hotmail is a free service and they do not have an 800 number, we are out of luck. My son has two final papers in that account that he did not back-up and it really stinks. He made his account over three years ago and cannot access with the new interface. They told him he would have to create an alternate e-mail account, but that didnt help either as you have to sign IN to net passport in order to add an alternate email. We've tried everything and he's given up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a REAL person to reset the password...please let us know. Emails and contact with msn tech support won't work.