View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
dgarvey

Default Yahoo email Compose problems

Since Wed., 11/16/05 I have been unable to Compose, Reply to emails, or send from Draft emails. I can get into my mail ok, but once I attempt to send in any of these venues, I get the response/compose page but the input text box in Compose or the previous email text box in Reply is missing, just not there. Therefore, there is no way to post text. This is the first occurrence of this kind of problem for me in 7 years with yahoo mail.

As far as I know, I didn't do anything to update IE.

The only events just prior to the problem were an unusual series of about 7-8 repetitious spam emails which appeared in my inbox earlier that day(unusual for me). I deleted all without opening. I had done a fairly long video clip download (I'm on dial up service) from a friend's email link (video service through youtube), and I did delete all cookies (incl. yahoo mail) prior to the problem, but had done that many times before without incurring any difficulties.

I sent a problem report to yahoo mail on their help link but have had no reply yet. After reading other notices on this site, it would appear that I shouldn't hold my breath. Any advice? Thanks.