Old 04-27-2005, 10:11 PM
txsanchez

Default Horrible Call Center Service

Easiest way to explain my issue is to paste the complaint letter to BBB

ATTENTION ESCALATION – FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION

SBC Billing

CC: Better Business Bureau

Whom it may concern:

On Thursday, April 21, 2005 SBC closed my dial up account due to billing issues. The issues appear to have arisen when I transferred my phone service from SBC to another company. Your billing department claimed to not have billing information for me because the phone service was disconnected. However this is not the case. My account has been billed on my debit card since February. The exact amounts billed are as follows:

4/25/05 $15.95
3/25/05 $15.95 041699
2/26/05 $15.95 034797

In working out the billing issues, your dial up billing team drafted an additional $55.25 from my debit card on 4/25, in addition to the monthly bill of $15.95. The $55.25 is an overcharge that should not have been drafted. As a result of your overcharge, my checking account was thrown off balance. Due to your error, my bank is now charging me $120 in courtesy fees to cover other payments. The fees will continue to accrue in $30 increments with each transaction that I have outstanding. The existing courtesy fees are detailed below:

4/27/05 $30
4/27/05 $30
4/26/05 $30
4/25/05 $30

You dial up department has not allowed me any escalation points other than this fax number to get a resolution to my problem. I have received horrible service from this team during the past week. When I work with your DSL billing team, I get representatives who are sincere and helpful, and attempt to take ownership of the problems. When I work with your dial-up billing team, I get transferred around and no assistance.

I would like to receive a credit immediately for my $55.25, plus the $120 courtesy fee that you have caused me to incur. If the credit does not process today, your company will be financially responsible for the additional courtesy fees incurred until this issue is resolved. Please understand that with the additional charges I am now facing, it is becoming more economical for me to contact a civil attorney resolve the financial situation. This has been on-going for over a week and I am now losing money as a result of your company’s poor customer service.

I expect to hear from someone in your corporate office today who can truly assist me with this issue. Please contact my business number below