View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:14 AM
scott2hotcott

I emailed Hotmail about my problem, and this is the response that I got:

Thank you for contacting MSN Hotmail Technical Support Team. My name is Gipson and I will be assisting you today.

I understand that you downloaded and installed the latest Windows update into your computer on 2nd April and the installation prompted you to restart your computer. After the restart of your computer, you are unable to sign into your Hotmail account.

Scott, I understand how inconvenient this could be and how important it is for you to have this issue resolved at once.

I investigated your account with our database and noticed that your Hotmail account is residing on a server machine that is temporarily experiencing issues due to some unexpected technical difficulties. Due to a huge network traffic with the Hotmail servers, some customers are facing a few issues with their account accessibility. Your concerns are related to these technical issues.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this would have caused you. We are aware of these issues and are working diligently to fix it and to set up Hotmail for your convenient access. We have received complaints from many of our customers and your mail to us regarding this issue has increased our priority to solve the issue at the earliest possible period.

However, we are unable to promise you an estimated time limit to resolve these issues. Please be assured that they will be resolved as quickly as possible. I request your patience till then. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to write back. You are a valued customer at MSN services and we look forward to providing you with consistent and effective service.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Gipson
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

So I guess it looks like I'll just have to wait until they fix it. I've had that account for about 5-6 years. What a wonderful time for it to be messed up.