Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2005, 03:49 AM
I could write a book

Angry Yahoo Customer Service Black-Hole Hell

I have been in Yahoo's customer service black-hole hell for 4 days. I suspect that my account has also been hacked and hijacked.

It all started when I tried to set a stock alert 4 days ago. I was asked to log in and I tried to do so but was told that my password was incorrect. Hmmmm.

I requested a new password and never received it. Hmmmm. Two days later I requested a new password again and never received it. Hmmmm.

When I emailed "customer service" I was told I had to provide my "alternate email" before they could "verify" that it was really my account. I sent the one I believed I had used as my alternate, and was told that it was incorrect.

I then proceeded to send every email I have ever had, and each time they told me that it was incorrect. I also asked them why I never received the new password that was requested, and, how was it to be received? By email? On the blank web page that came up after I submitted my request? They ignored these questions.

They refuse to talk to me until I can tell them what my alternate email is.

I have asked to have the issue escalated to management, but received an email that said they cannot do anything until I provide the correct alternate email. How assinine! Obviously someone has hacked my account and changed the password and the alternate email, and there seems to be no way to get Yahoo to address the issue.

In one of the response emails they asked me to tell them what my "account verification question" was and the correct response. I have so many accounts on the internet that I have no idea which security question and answer was on file at Yahoo, but, I said, just ask me the question, and I'll give you the answer. They refused to do that until -- you guessed it -- I provided the correct alternate email.

What good does it do to have an account verification question?

Is there a way to actually get to a real, thinking, breathing human being at Yahoo? I saw the poast which gave a phone number. Is it worthwile calling it? I will call on Monday, but are the agents in the telephone response center any more helpful than those at the email desk?

TIA for any advice.

I could write a book (actually it looks like did )
Old 06-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Melisasong

Wink Have you telephoned?

I was once caught in the similar situation for a bank: Basically I started to run off all of the questions and answers, "Gee, I don't remember which one..(don't pause between!) My mother's maiden name is**** and My favorite pet is**** and hero is **** and I went to school at***elementary and***jr. and ***sr---my previous passwords were****.

Another possibility is that you did not clear your cache after logging out. That means you need to delete the temporary internet files you have created when using your mail. Please remind the person that this alternate e-mail could have been changed in that fashion. If you want to be REEEEEALLLY obnoxious, tell them your IP address and the country you live in. Gee Mr. CS person, what IP address do you have on file? I'd like to know the new one to thank the hacker for such pleasant experiences. *smile and laugh at/with/for the person you are talking with*

You can also start telling them the address you gave, phone number, etc. for the account. At this point, as I did with the banker, I noted the absurdity of the situation--basically recreating my entire account--and said, "What more can I do? *Laugh* Ummm. Pizza Delivery? Please help me!"

One final note. If anyone else has access to your computer, they also have access to those temporary files--no accusations here, but have you tried using e-mail addresses of those others who share your computer? Maybe someone restored the computer to a prior date. Did you have different information at the time of restoration--whatever date that would be? There would be a record in the restoration area.

Whew!! I hope this helps. It looks like we've ALL been there. Take care and--will you order my pizza now?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Mr SupportSentry

you may want to call them up and see if you can get your account back by providing them a notarized letter stating who you are, your address, etc. Then if there is an issue in the future, they have a real person they can contact.