Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Toyota Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Susasn Wolff

Default redesign request

I love my Toyota, but before I buy another one, I would REALLY appreciate having TOYOTA redesign the area between the front seats to better accommodate a purse. It may sound silly, but this is a problem every time I get into my 4-runner (and I understand it's no better in the Highlander, the next vehicle I'm considering.) When a woman can't easily access her purse it's like taking away her third hand and the part of her brain that she keeps written down in her purse. I was born the peak month of the peak year of the baby boom. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of other women out there who think like I do, there "always" have been.
Redesigning the compartment between the two front seats to accommodate a purse would be easy: lower the height of the top of the parking brake, when in resting position, to no higher than the top of the cup holders and take the slant out of the plastic housing around the parking brake lever so that the plastic housing goes straight down next to the arm rest/center console. This would create a flat area where a purse could be set and wouldn't fall under the driver's feet or out of reach.
These cheap, simple modifications would help a lot more women "fall in love" with a Toyota. Help me out and make this change! And once it's done, please e-mail me and I'll go out and buy my next Toyota/Lexus/Scion. I'd be ready to buy in the Spring of '06. Will you have my truck ready by then?
Thanks!!!!! Sue
P.S. I know I mistyped my own name. Please don't let that dissuade you from giving this serious consideration.