Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Sagicool

Default it's all gone!!!

To all fellow Yahoo-ians who has lost their account or password....

It's pointless to speak to the customer service officer. This is the worst ever experience I have encountered with such customer service officer or service level provided. I made the call from another part of the global and I am truly disappointed and to a certain extend disgusted by such service level provide by Yahoo Inc. And goodness me, it shocked me as I thought Amercian provide excellent Customer service.

My account was created back in 99 and I have not since changed the profile or whatsoever. This faithfull day, about 10 days ago, I received an shocking email, saying my password has been changed in my alternative email account. I tried to contact yahoo security via email, get only one response a day, 3 different person, and guess what? Yes, you are right, same old automated response. Even my offer to pay for a services charges has been turned into deaf ears.

Great disappointment!! I declared defeat by the great mighty Yahoo ..... For such excellment services provided. It's totally useless to make the call... I think i have wasted my precious time and money.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Mr SupportSentry

That is really not cool and I can understand your frustration as I recently lost a machine that had over 6 years worth of emails and documents on it. I was fortunate enough to recover the data from one of the mirrored hard drives a week ago, but for four months I thought it was gone forever. If we can get everyone who is having this same problem (which seems to be more and more common every day) to document their case in these forums, maybe Yahoo! will take notice and not leave all of you out in the cold like they have.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:36 PM
sugarsmack11

Thumbs down Yahoo ID Theft

Hello everyone,
My yahoo ID was taken this morning around 2 a.m. Someone asked me to add them and I hit 'deny' and typed in that I didn't know them and no thanks.

Within 10 min I got a notice that I had signed in on another computer. Then in a few more minutes I got an email from yahoo at my alternate address that I had just changed my password.

Now that is all well and good but they should have a link or something that lets you say that you DID NOT do it to and something for you to insert a PIN that is not anywhere not even on your Yahoo acct to acknowledge that you didn't or maybe did do it.

And I totally agree that it makes no sense that you can't get in touch with yahoo customer care except for those generated emails they send out.

I paid for my account but I'm looking around for another service that actually has 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' because this makes no sense.

Thanks for putting that phone number up there b/c I will be using it.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
snwsurfer

Default Called Yahoo Customer Service

Hey,

Yesterday my password got switched and I couldn't log in. This morning I called yahoo.

Without the proper info, date of birth and zip/postal. You're pretty much screwed. I got my yahoo account maybe around 8 years ago when internet security wasn't always as secure, so back then I usually put bogus info.

So as of now I cannot get into my account, nor will I get the password reset unless I can remember what bogus info I put.

I guess the only thing to do now is A) complain about it and do nothing. or B)fight to get it back.

I honestly don't see why we cannot have access to our account. It's their screw up, not ours. Their security has been comprimised so we have to suffer the consequences? I'm gonna put a petition in and have it sent to the yahoo corporate office. I'm not saying its gonna work but its worth a shot to get our accounts back. I guess we can start by getting a tally of how many people want to petition the issue, after that in a week or so, or whenever we have enough names, we can pm or email all the info to me, i'll have it printed out in a letter and mailed to the head office.

I'll start a new post...
Old 05-24-2005, 02:33 AM
debthepsych

Try 1-408-349-1572 only til 6pm pacific time
Old 06-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Mr SupportSentry

yes, and I would ask about alternative methods of verifying your account (copy of driver's license, notarized letter, etc)