Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 PM
zz4

Angry Frustration

I have been using Yahoo since they have been around. Geocities before Yahoo bought them.

In last several months I get a TOS message to my secondary email saying my Geocities is in TOS violation.(never to primary email on record)

About every 2 weeks I get these emails. Once my Yahoo user was removed but I got it back.

Oddly I removed everything from Geocities.

(there was never anything tos'able)

Today my wonderful 1gb EMAIL box is GONE. I get a message I did not sign in for 4 months OR I asked to have it closed.

I have an option of re-activating it and a second option is PAY so this does not happen again.

I was using it every day this month,etc.

How can anybody use a service so unstable or insane?

Most people do store important data in email boxes.

Sure...1gb !!!!!!!! (I was using about 10mb)

Any ideas?

This time my email is gone but all other Yahoo services still there. (groups,photos,bookmarks,etc.etc.)

Maybe I should use Yahoo Photo's more? unlimited storage !!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:36 AM
zz4

Angry --------------

I'll talk to myself.

YEARS of saved data gone in an instant.

Nothing to contact but Yahoo Robots.

The Robots are now set up to reply-----you can avoid this by paying for Yahoo Plus email....

I guess I will learn. Back up every email to elsewhere. Although I've never lost an email since I've been on the internet.(except where things like inactivity were true and real)

Have fun with your 1gb email box at Yahoo. As hinted maybe you can save your photo's there. It's unlimited !!!!!

Quite sad to offer the world FREE services and support is insane robots.

Phone Call? Worth it?

Again. I can avoid vanishing Email accounts by buying Yahoo Plus Email.

I think even their HELP PAGES say if your EMAIL BOX IS GONE your other services are zapped to. My case...everything else still there....
Old 02-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Carolina77

Lightbulb Deleted E-mails

Hello, For some reason there have been some issues where e-mails have been deleted from some users as I have heard, you're not the only one. I believe Yahoo has been notified.. you can e-mail yahoo support [email]mail@yahoo-inc.com[/email] put in your id, dob, zip, alternate e-mail addresss and see if they can help you to retreive them.. Did you try the beta version? Make sure you're logged in under the right ID. My mom thought for a second all of her e-mails were gone, and it turned out she made an e-mail that was similar to the one she had, and low and behold there they are. So maybe sign out and sign back in, make sure the id is typed in correctly. Try deleting your temp files and cookies and maybe try a different browser.

Good Luck
Old 02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Carolina77

Arrow Another way to prevent E-mails Dissappearing

Hello, another question you had was how can you avoid having this happen again?? you can also get the Yahoo! Mail Plus by going to mailplus.yahoo.com it is $19.99 US/year. It is a reoccuring charge, but this should prevent anything from happening, plus you will be able to get over the phone support instead of e-mail only support

Good luck