Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Honda Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Rowena

Angry unreliable Roadsport Honda dealer

Roadsport Honda, 940 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough ON M1P 2W8 Canada

When I purchased a new vehicle (98 Honda Civic) back in 1998, the representative that was helping me offered the Lifetime Oil Change program assuring that I would never have to oblige to anything else but come in for the scheduled oil change.

Last month I visited their service centers to get my oil changed but was informed that I now need to do a maintenance service in order to get it done. Apparently, the policy for Roadsport Honda had changed without my knowing. When I came in earlier that week, one of their sales representatives took my free oil change card and failed to inform me that their policy had changed. She assumed me that the company would send me a new replacement but had I known about the change, I wouldn’t have let her taken it. Even if this is so, new policies should only be applicable to new customers and not existing ones due to promises made during the transaction of a new vehicle. Options such as Lifetime Oil Change should not be thrown into a deal just to attract the customer to buy and then discredited later down the road as such in this case. Assuming as a valued customer, when I come in to their centers to do a simple oil change that’s all I expect to do. I do not wish to be badgered about other things such as “maintenance service” and other irrelevant issues.

Businesses today are based upon a foundation of trust, if I don’t feel that I’m getting that from their company how are we suppose to do business in the future. This incident has left me to conclude that Roadsport Honda is an unreliable dealer. I hope there is someone in a position of ability to rectify this problem so that it may not occur again.

Unhappy Honda Customer