Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Reaper

I finally got my yahoo ID back as well after all this time. Took about 3 months going back and forth with Yahoo. I just had to provide them on the fax with all the info I had about my account (folders, chat names, info on account) and they eventually asked me for my alternate email that they could send the password since my later alt email website stopped business. So now I finally have my account back!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:58 AM
jobeth66

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritrunner
Thanks Alex for the info and numbers! After discovering some lowlife had changed my password, I got on it immediately and following Alex's instructions, I got my password back in two days...FAST!

Well, I put in a ticket with Yahoo for this - they told me I would hear from someone within 72 hours.

After 72 hours, I called them back, gave them the ticket #, and said 'I still haven't heard from anyone', and they said 'we're backlogged, we'll get to you in the order your ticket was opened'.

It's now been 7 days since I was told THAT.

So I don't know what to do at this point, I'm frustrated as heck, and I AM a paying customer.

Sigh. I just want my account back. I have the credit card # it's paid with. I have the statement it was paid ON in April. There's no question that it's MINE.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeth66
Well, I put in a ticket with Yahoo for this - they told me I would hear from someone within 72 hours.

After 72 hours, I called them back, gave them the ticket #, and said 'I still haven't heard from anyone', and they said 'we're backlogged, we'll get to you in the order your ticket was opened'.

It's now been 7 days since I was told THAT.

So I don't know what to do at this point, I'm frustrated as heck, and I AM a paying customer.

Sigh. I just want my account back. I have the credit card # it's paid with. I have the statement it was paid ON in April. There's no question that it's MINE.

You also have to remember the huge size of Yahoo and the people that use it that are having these issues among many others as well. Just keep at them as I did and you have to eventually grab ahold of your account again esp with your evidence.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
jobeth66

I JUST got my account back today.

They called me at about 16:30 EST, confirmed my name, address, and phone #. Because it is a paid account, they asked for the last 8 digits of the credit card - I had all of that readily available (and that CC# is memorized, so I had NO problem with THAT one! ) And that was all they needed. They entered my alternate email address into the account, set me up a new secret word that I WILL remember!! emailed me a new password, and it's all mine again.

Finally. 3 weeks, exactly. Almost to the minute.

No question that this being a paid account made a HUGE difference.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Mr SupportSentry

The sad part is, you are a paying customer and it took three weeks to get in touch with you. I can understand taking that long or more if it is a free user, but a paid user? Crazy.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:01 PM
jobeth66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr SupportSentry
The sad part is, you are a paying customer and it took three weeks to get in touch with you. I can understand taking that long or more if it is a free user, but a paid user? Crazy.

No question, it's ridiculous. The funny thing was, I was on hold waiting for support to register yet ANOTHER complaint on my house phone when they called me on the cell phone.

My next step was going to be to call and speak to customer service about cancelling the account and getting a refund - to see if that would spur something. It's probably what I should've done to begin with. Generally customer retention can get through the call center ticket mess.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:33 PM
foxytigerlily

Default Beaware

Hi all

This may help prevent some people from having there accounts hacked.
Never click on links put up in chatrooms they could be stinger programmes which then give access to your yahoo accounts also make your password as long as u can and put numbers in it this does help ! I have also found the yahoo help chatrooms very useful and people very helpful in giving advice on getting your accounts back and making your computer safer. Also you can search online for the STINGER removal tool which will tell you if you have been keylogged. I hope this is a help
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
melk

Default curious....

When you faxed your info to the yahoo security, did you feel uneasy about sending a copy of your license? They have told me I need to do the same thing that you did and I didn't know how "safe" it was. Also, how did they get in contact with you if you were able to get the account back?

IF anyone HASN"T been able to get it back did they let you know that as well or just leave you without knowing?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Beths323i

Thumbs down Yahoo Customer Service is HORRIBLE

I recently had my yahoo messenger and email account "phished" and now what a mess it has created!! When I created my account back in 1999, I must have not put in the correct birthdate. So, customer service refuses to offer any kind of assistance. When I requested to speak to a supervisor, the agent laughed and stated they were going to "transfer me" to someone in charge. I was placed on hold for 25 minutes. I called back and requested a supervisor only to be "transferred" to eternal hold for 38 minutes!!

I read a reply on this site advising how a person was able to regain access to his account. After 7 attempts of talking to customer service and 6 emails back and forth to Yahoo Account Security, I have yet to receive any help.

If someone can offer some insight as to what I should do next, I am totally open for suggestions. I have my address book, personal folders, photos etc etc in my email account that I really need.

Please Help!!

Last edited by Beths323i : 11-02-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:34 PM
MadocOwain

Thumbs up Got my account back too

Since this forum was helpful in my getting phone numbers for Yahoo!, I thought I would post my experience here.

I received an email from Yahoo! stating I had violated their terms of service. The email wasn't specific about how or where I had done so, and suggested I may not have updated my profile recently. The email contained a link to a site called cc.yahoo-inc.com . I attempted to follow the link (Mozilla, so I don't fear malware) and due to a DNS issue (unknown at the time) the site did not resolve. I concluded this was a phishing expedition, and deleted the email.

2 days later, my Yahoo! account gets pulled. ALL of it. Fantasy Football, email, personals, the works. I emailed Customer Support a couple of times, then tried them on the phone. I couldn't find a good option in the voice menu tree so I decided to talk to their Personals staff (I was a paying member of that service). They were unable to do anything more than stop me from being further billed for the service. This was a Friday night.

The following Monday, I had received 0 response to my requests for information about HOW I had violated TOS - my email password change requests had begun to say my account had been pulled, and the Personals folks had said it was a Terms of Service violation, unknown what kind.

So, I started dialing again. 2 hours and 5-6 transfers later, I had it figured out. Back in 2000/2001 I had a GeoCities page set up to forward to my new domain - didn't want to lose any loyal readers, you know. Apparently, sometime in the last 5 years Yahoo! and GeoCities decided this would become a Terms of Service violation, and instead of just pulling the GeoCities page, they nuked the entire account. 3 emails to GeoCities customer support later, I had 3 bounce errors in my Inbox - invalid addresses! Nice, huh?

Well, a couple days later I finally got my service restored. They reactivated my account, leaving the GeoCities pages alone. I went in and nuked them as fast as I could and so far, my Yahoo! account is still there. I don't know if it was the phone calls, or the 2-3 emails per day I was sending them, as I never received a written explanation of what happened.

So, it IS possible to get your account back, but let persistence be your watchword.

M.O.
[url]http://www.madocowain.com[/url]
[url]http://www.playmaille.com[/url]