Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2006, 05:54 AM
NTesoro

Cool you're not alone...

Same thing happened to me and never really got resolved, but it did get better. It's a funny story now, so I'll share. I had a hotmail e-mail account, but needed a yahoo ID to join a yahoo group. I created an ID that worked for several weeks. Then, it stopped working... well... i stopped being able to log into it anyway. So, being new to the whole groups thing, I had made the mistake to get an e-mail EACH time someone posted, etc, rather than a daily digest. It was linked up to my work e-mail and I'd get about an e-mail every half hour or so... totally annoying. So I wanted to change to a daily digest. Only, I couldn't log in.

Now, I'm not one to let problems go. I got those form letters from the yahoo customer service computer (i'm sure it's not a person) - often the same one would come three times in a row before the machine responding would notice and send something a little diferent. Who ever hacked my account changed my security question so I didn't know the answer - I had no leverage to prove who I was to yahoo. They pretty much refused to help after about 16 e-mails back and forth. Now, I have nothing better to do than to make them help me. So, I wrote them "the constant e-mails keep coming and I can't stop them. However, I can reply to the e-mails and post on the board of the yahoo group in question. Despite what you keep telling me, I know you have a way to disable this yahoo ID or change my notifacaton status. For example, if I replied with profane language to each and every e-mail, you might consider disabling my account. This is what I intend to do until you take some action. Regards."

Long story short, it worked! I didn't even have to use bad words in replys to the yahoo group. The yahoo fairy was sent by God himself to change my notification to a daily digest. To this day, I can't log into that account, but I get the daily digest.

I think I'm gonna boycott yahoo. Just as soon as I can access my e-mail account long enough to get all my addresses out. (I know... why the heck did I get a yahoo e-mail account after all that!)