Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Jazzman01

Unhappy Sprint Yahoo Email

As of three weeks ago my Sprint PCS Yahoo email changed---for the worse. I sent an email back then explaining the negative alteration to my mobile Yahoo email. Here's the poop----------when opening to the Inbox for new messages the prior format listed the first 10 New emails with the traditional 'check box' off the the left margin, allowing one to Delete or move any message on the fly, as it were. You would simply scroll down and highlight/check which ever message you desired and Delete it right there.
NOW----things have changed. No longer is there a left margin check box to do this. One must, as with Hotmail and several other email clients, actually open the message, scroll down to the bottom and delete from there. Why would Yahoo make things more cumbersome and difficult, as well as time consuming????

Anybody else notice this?????

Jazzman01
Old 04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Probably to make you read the advertisements they will be sticking in there.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:18 PM
TerminalDogma

A side-effect of some of their recent updates no doubt. I hear they get a lot of Mobile help calls, but provide no phone support for the issues (No phone support for Yahoo on phones... ironic?) Anyway, the help for this is help.yahoo.com, go to the mobiles section, click on one of the listed problems. On most of them, the "solution" page will ask, at the bottom "Is this enough information?" Click on no, fill out the feedback form, and send away.

PRocedure from here is as follows.
Techs send you an automated unhelpful letter.
You respond to it restating the problem and info
They prioritize it and send live, email, support.
DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE! TEch support via the web is thread based.