Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Hotmail Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Raw Shok Test

Exclamation Hotmail won't let me log in...UPDATE !!!

I haven't been able to log in to my hotmail account for three days, and I'm really getting pissed! Every time that I try, I keep getting a screen asking me to re-enter my password--but I've had the same password for the entire five years that I've had the account, so I know the problem's not on my end. I even lowered my security settings to the default ones, but that hasn't helped at all. I finally found a customer support form to send to hotmail, but I had to create a yahoo account for them to contact me. I've got another hotmail account that I've had for over seven years, and I'm having the exact same problem with it, too. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what the problem is?

Last edited by Raw Shok Test : 04-02-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Raw Shok Test

Angry

I tried to call the hotmail technical support line, but it was just a recording that didn't help at all. I tried the MSN Privacy line, but I was told that since hotmail was a free service, I couldn't get any help over the phone. They said that I had to e-mail them or write them a letter. When I tried to explain that I couldn't access my e-mail account, I was told to register for another one. I then tried to change my password to see if that was suddenly a problem (it contained a semi-colon), and I was allowed to do that and was signed into the .Net Passport site, but I still couldn't access hotmail. I have no clue what's going on, and I'm getting angrier by the minute.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Raw Shock, what phone number did you call? Maybe we can get someone here to get you a better number to call.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Raw Shok Test

Question

The number with the recordings was: 650.964.7200
The one with the live person was: 425.886.8080
And the e-mail address that the person at that number gave me was: service_x@hotmail but here's the reply that I got from that:

Quote:
Thank you for sending an e-mail message to Hotmail Support. However, this is not a monitored e-mail address.

Old 04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Raw Shok Test

Lightbulb Update !!!

Well, it turns out that the problem was on my end. I found a complaint/problem form to contact hotmail, and they got back to me quickly with a few suggestions. They said that I should lower my security settings to the default ones, which didn't work, gave me 7 MSN sites to try to sign into with my .NET passport, which didn't work, and finally to try to log in from another computer, which did work. I replied to them to let them know that I was only having trouble from my home computer and they e-mailed back a few hours later with some more suggestions that didn't help. But I got to thinking that maybe I'd blocked the wrong cookie when my security settings were higher (I was accepting first-party cookies and being prompted for third-party cookies, which I blocked), so here's what I did that finally fixed the problem:

went to Internet Options
clicked on the Privacy tab
under Web Sites, I clicked Edit
on that page I clicked Remove All to clear all blocked cookies

After doing that I was able to access my hotmail account.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:12 AM
scott2hotcott

I also haven't been able to log into my Hotmail account. On Friday, I signed up for a Paypal account. Before I could do so, I had to do the Windows update to get my Cipher strength up from 56-bit to 128-bit. This was the first time I had updated Windows in a long time. On Saturday, I downloaded and installed an automatic update for Windows. After it was done, I restarted my computer. Since then, I haven't been able to log into my Hotmail or Ebay accounts, and I think I may be having the same sort of problem that you had, Raw Shok Test. However, I tried to change my cookies settings, and nothing has worked. I'm going to try to have my brother log into my account to see if it'll work on another computer. If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate any help.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 AM
singalou

Default hotmail won't let us in either

We've been having problems with our hotmail accounts, too, for over a week now. My husband can access his account ONLY through our internet explorer brower and not mozilla....but can only access paypal, ebay through mozilla.
The windows security updates are the cause of some problems and they have come out with a 'patch' to download which helps resolve some of those issues. I, too, changed all of my privacy and security settings on my computer to no avail. The patch did help with internet explorer access to all but my son's account which we STILL have not been able to retrieve and it seems as though we will NOT be able to get it. I spent two hours on the phone with msn tonite and was basically told that since hotmail is a free service and they do not have an 800 number, we are out of luck. My son has two final papers in that account that he did not back-up and it really stinks. He made his account over three years ago and cannot access with the new interface. They told him he would have to create an alternate e-mail account, but that didnt help either as you have to sign IN to net passport in order to add an alternate email. We've tried everything and he's given up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a REAL person to reset the password...please let us know. Emails and contact with msn tech support won't work.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:52 PM
sacboom70

Default Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Shok Test
I haven't been able to log in to my hotmail account for three days, and I'm really getting pissed! Every time that I try, I keep getting a screen asking me to re-enter my password--but I've had the same password for the entire five years that I've had the account, so I know the problem's not on my end. I even lowered my security settings to the default ones, but that hasn't helped at all. I finally found a customer support form to send to hotmail, but I had to create a yahoo account for them to contact me. I've got another hotmail account that I've had for over seven years, and I'm having the exact same problem with it, too. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what the problem is?

SACBOOM70 IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND WOULD LIKE A NUMBER TO PISSS AND MOAN TO, THREATEN IF NECESSARY. ANY HELP OUT THERE???
Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 PM
balde10a@hotmail.com

Default Asking assistance

[[FONT=Courier New]QUOTE=Raw Shok Test]I haven't been able to log in to my hotmail account for three days, and I'm really getting pissed! Every time that I try, I keep getting a screen asking me to re-enter my password--but I've had the same password for the entire three years that I've had the account, so I know the problem's not on my end. I even lowered my security settings to the default ones, but that hasn't helped at all. I finally found a customer support form to send to hotmail, but I had to create a yahoo account for them to contact me. I've got another hotmail account that I've had for over seven years, and I'm having the exact same problem with it, too. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what the problem is?

eventually you can get through this email adress: [email]sogourou2002@yahoo.fr[/email].
I am looking forward hearing from you

Lou
Old 12-28-2005, 09:40 PM
balde10a@hotmail.com

Default Asking assistance

Dear Sir/Madam

[email]balde10a@hotmail.com[/email],

I haven't been able to log in to my hotmail account for three days, and I'm really getting pissed! Every time that I try, I keep getting a screen asking me to re-enter my password--but I've had the same password for the entire three years that I've had the account, so I know the problem's not on my end. I even lowered my security settings to the default ones, but that hasn't helped at all. I finally found a customer support form to send to hotmail, but I had to create a yahoo account for them to contact me. I've got another hotmail account that I've had for over seven years, and I'm having the exact same problem with it, too. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what the problem is?

eventually you can get through this email adress: [email]sogourou2002@yahoo.fr[/email].
I am looking forward hearing from you

Lou[/QUOTE][/SIZE]