Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2006, 03:47 AM
popdaddy

Default Can't Access Email Account. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Lots of posts lately about inability to access free email account/account deactivated/etc. Same thing happened to my wife last night. Until then, everything ok; this morning, invalid ID/password. We emailed customer service but got the typical canned runaround. She tried to reset her password and in the process got a message saying her account had been deactivated!!!!! All she does is email friends and family. NOTHING ELSE!!! She doesn't download music; she doesn't sell stuff; she doesn't buy stuff!!!! Still they deactivated her with no warning . . . apparently for a violation of their Terms of Service. This HAS TO BE A TECHNICAL MISTAKE! In reading other posts, this seems to be happening to a lot of people. Anybody ever get this situation SUCCESSFULLY resolved by Yahoo? If so, HOW!!!!!

Last edited by popdaddy : 03-22-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Yahooey

Default Haven't accessed my email since 03/08/06

I can't figure out a way to contact yahoo by phone. this is RIDICULOUS. I have saved emails etc. that I can no longer access. I know your frustration. I am also looking for a solution. Please, HELP.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:27 PM
neongod

Unhappy popdaddy & Yahooey

Hi. Neongod here.Sorry to hear you are having the same problem as I am.
I'm hoping that you may have found the solution or found some one who dose.
I havn't had any luck.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:17 PM
twenevere

Default please respond if you are having the same problem

Thank you and Just wondering if anyone knows why the yahoo server seems to be totally down as of 2 days ago. Even the messenger isn't logging on. Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:02 PM
ricardo_fonseca

Default same is happening to me

Hello. This exactly same thing happened to me. I've had this account for many years, and all of a sudden, wednesday morning my ID and/or password stopped working. That's unbelieveble!! And I can't recover the password since I never bodered to update my personal information on the account (it was a friend 7 or 8 years ago who opened the account for me when I still didn't have it at home, and he randomly put my birthday I guess - only thing I know is my correct birthday doesn't work and I contact this friend).

So I've been back and forth with the account costumer service and they say they're sorry they can't help bla bla bla bla! I even gave then my till-tuesday-working ID and password, I described them the private content of my emails, and nothing.

I have there very important contacts for my current and ongoing job search, which I don't have anywere else.

I hope it all works out for you with this problem, and if you have some information that might help me, please contact me to [email]riquardofonseca@hotmail.com[/email]. Oh, and I already filed a complain to that site someone mentioned in another thread, I think.

Cheers,

Ricardo
Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
pouge007

Default Same Here!

The EXACT same thing happened to me on Saturday. I have had my yahoo account for around 10 years, and my password no longer works. I also have since forgotten the answer to my secret question, or that has been changed as well. What gives? Yahoo does NOT have a phone number to contact them, and all of their emails seem to be automated. I desperately need access to my email since I use it for work purposes. Please please please email me or post a response if you know how to get in contact with yahoo or fix this problem. HELP!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
westportmaine

Default That #$%^& Yahoo email

I haven't been able to send or receive Yahoo email for about 4 days. People sending to me get it returned as invalid and noone has rec'd anything I sent. I am able to login fine, but nothing new is coming into the In Box or even Spam. Anybody had any luck with this?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:44 PM
DRofHAPPINESS

Talking SUCCESS... FINALLY got account back

I finally had success in recovering my account. I used the following contact address that I found in one of the following threads here: [email]account-security@yahoo-inc.com[/email]

I wrote and told them the problem, plus included a letter and description of some of the complaints on this forum. They then sent back a questionaire. You answer this questionaire and reply to them, making sure that you leave the subject line unchanged, as it has your complaint file number in for all future correspondence. It took me about a week to get them to straighten things out, but that was because I also used to have a yahoo.ca account with the same preface, so they were trying to activate that one at first.

Near the end, they will also ask you for an alternate email address. I suggest that you use something other than a yahoo based one. Also, when I went to change my password that they had sent to me, the page that they linked me too wouldn't work. So I had to go into my email, then into MY ACCOUNT and access change password there.

BTW, the person who hacked my account had the nerve to change the account users name to 'MR. I Bin Owned'. May someone pour honey all over his testicles and then let the fire ants loose.

DOC
Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
westportmaine

Default No luck here yet...but congrats DOC

Thanks for making the link available - I'll do it today. I was wondering how they send the questionnaire when your problem is you can't get email. Unless you provide the alternate email ahead of time (not at the end of the questionaire) you would never get the damn thing! I'll give it a try and post results. Haven't been able to send or receive for weeks. What an absolute nightmare. It is a godsend to have this contact! THANK YOU
Mary-Anne
Old 04-25-2006, 02:11 PM
tigersurfer

Default Found the number!

I am so glad to hear that other people have the same problem, not that the problem is great but I spent the last few days changing passwords thinking I was hacked. Same issue, as of Sunday and I don't know if it is the same for anyone else, but they don't even recognize my personal information to verify it is me, nor my alternate e-mail address, yet my ID name is still "taken".

Thanks for the web site, will try that today, but I FOUND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.......the lame-o's! 1-408-349-1572.....Good luck anyone and if they find out what happend let me know!

Thanks