Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > HP Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Disillusioned

Default Disappointed in HP service

What is going on with Hewlett Packard? I purchased an HP Pavillion notebook last July, and by September I was already missing the letters off of 5 keypads. For years, I've used apple, compaq, and dell computers at work and NEVER had a single letter come off, so I immediately wrote to Customer Service requesting assistance/replacement. Their reply was to buy replacement letters from Worldwide Resources, at a price of $25+. I did so, but the letters didn't match (my letters are upper left; these letters are lower right of the keypad, and the size is different). I waited, then contacted them again recently, prior to my warranty expiring. They agreed to fix the problem and sent a box via FedEx to send it back to them...8 working days later, after a promised 3-5 day return, I called to find out why I hadn't received my computer and was given the message that they felt I'd caused the problem and would fix it for $318. Needless to say, I was very upset, not only for the decision to not make good on their agreement to fix the problem and exhorbitant repair fee, but because they didn't contact me at all during this time. (I have no "back up" computer, so I was unable to conduct any business from home until I could get it back.) After a brief angry episode, and apology to the poor operator, I now have my computer back, still without many letters on the keypads... I always thought Hewlett Packard was a reputable company, one which would guarantee their product and customer satisfaction. Is it their customer service department or HP itself? Now that I've had this experience with them, they can be assured that I won't be dealing with them again under any circumstances in the future...no more HP purchases for me; they can be assured that I will share my story with anyone in the market for a computer...we don't need more disappointed and disillusioned customers!