Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Webmaster Forums > General Chat
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Lovalee

Default Microsoft pack 2 HELP!

I desperately need some advice about the microsoft service pack 2. Indeed I need to know how to remove it from my computer. Wanadoo have been trying to connect me to their new wireless broadband service for 4 weeks now. Yet it was only tonight that an engineer mentioned the microsoft service pack 2 that I have installed on my computer is not compatible with wanadoo wireless. I have been unable to discover how to remove the damn thing from my computer. I can not get the microsoft service desk telephone number until monday. I Would like to use the wireless before. So does anyone know how to remove the damn thing? If so can you give me the instructions in very simnple terms, as I am not that computer literate. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Mr SupportSentry

I will assume you are using Windows XP. You can go into the Control Panels -> Add / Remove Software and remove the SP2 updates from there. You will have to check the box at the top of the window for "Show Updates" to see the Windows XP updates that are intstalled. But, there are some serious security holes that SP2 addresses and I don't really think you will want to uninstall them simply to get internet access. Sounds like Wanadoo needs to get their act together....or are they some kind of advertising based ISP?