Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
JFGgirl

Unhappy Yahoo! "get NEW password" page

i am having the same problem many of you are having - could log in one day, and my password didn't work the next, even though i never changed it. My complaint (aside from that) is that the password retrieval page doesn't work for me. I go to the page and enter my birthdate, the area code they have on file, and my country, then type my username in the blank and hit "get NEW password". But all I get is a page that is blank except for the standard Yahoo! footer, which shows up at the top of the page. I have sent two emails to Yahoo! in the last week asking about this but have yet to get more than an autoreply from them. has anyone else had this particular issue? were you able to resolve it? i have tried no less than 20 times and i haven't gotten the page to work. i plan to call Yahoo! next week if i can't figure it out on my own.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Nikibabe1

Angry Same problems for me!

I'm having the EXACT same problem! I used the account Friday night and less than 24 hours later was being told that I had an Invalid User ID or password, even though I didn't change a thing. I've used that account for over 10 years and it irks me off that Yahoo has been less than helpful with their auto-replys. I got an e-mail message saying that I had to fax or mail all the information in order for them to help me, which is ticking me off even more. I didn't do ANYTHING...YAHOO is the one having the problems. How the heck do they expect people to remember exactly how they set up accounts that are that old? I've had at least 3 different ISP's in those 10 years, so who knows what the original e-mail address was that I used to set up the account. I provided them with ALL the e-mail addresses that I could have possibly used and that STILL wasn't good enough. They tell me that I need to answer the security question, yet when I go to do that, I too just get a blank screen with only the Yahoo! header at the top of the page. I told them if they wanted me to answer the question, they had to tell me what it was. PLEASE if anyone has a way to get this resolved, without having to go thru all the Yahoo BS let me know. Yahoo customer service stinks!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 AM
strawberryshortcake_aj

Same problem here...it asks for my info and to retype that STUPID security code and then when I do, it tells me I'm wrong???? I think I can retype a little code correctly...what is going on??
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
wishelephant

Default Same here

So I'm unhappy to say "Me too!" My password has been "changed" or just won't work, nor will the password/ID retrieval work. I was thinking I'd call them too.

At least now I know it's not just me!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Mlbs2002

Default See my reply to "I did get my password back"

Never give these mega companies any personal information. They are huge data gathering companies, mostly for marketing research. If you are 20, tell them you are 60, etc.