Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Nicholas

Default possible hacked accounts

i am not a very skilled computer guy. i had a few accounts with yahoo for email and chat. a while back my mothers computer was hacked into and given a worm that devastated her hard drive. i never thought that who ever hacked her computer might also hav hacked information from her computer. also resulting in the possible hacking of my yahoo accouts. i dont know for sure if they were hacked but there were several ids on several of my accounts i neither new. nor could i delet. i would delet them and then they would be back the next time. i have just today after tring to find out how to report to yahoo webmaster or what ever that my accounts might have been hacked into deleted all my accounts. i hope. but from the delete account page is said they would not be deleted for as much as 90 days. which allows time for who ever might have hack or been useing my accounts without my knowledge or permissing to reactivate them. a while back in had a fradulent charge placed on one of my credit cards for over 300 to an iceland trading company. my card company notified me by phone with in days of the charge, due to that face it was placed over hte internet and i never had before shopped online. i never thought that had anything to do with my yahoo accounts. but having had my financial information organized my money manager software on my computer; now i wounder if my ids were hacked as i now think they were. could the hacker have used that it infiltrat my computer, and steal my information. and since my computers moden drive doesn not work, and installing a brand new moden did not fix the dailup problem, i tend to wounder if someone did not give my computer a worm as well. i have not been able to get my computer to long on in anyway with any hardware or software. and programs that once worked great now dont work at all. there should in my oppion be a better way to obtain direction from not only yahoo, but any online webmaster that deals with sights where user ids are needed to access sections the web brouse on reporting possible hacked ids. and better safeguards to prevent suck hackers from creating such a mess of someones, user names, computers, and so forth.