Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Dimple

Default Somebody hacked my yahoo id

Hi,
Someone hacked my Yahoo id and i tried all possible ways to get my account back. Wrote all types of emails to customer care people. Filled all kinds of forms on yahoo help. Called on customer support. But Customer support is totally bad. i have been using this account for last 7yrs and becoz i don't remeber what zip code i had written in registration they don't give me password. Also i got one mail that your password has been changed but i did not change it and i am sure somebody is using my acc.
Any help appreciated
Yahoo user
Old 07-14-2006, 01:34 AM
eibgrad

If you're not a paying Yahoo customer, merely using a free account, you're screwed. That's the long and short of it. Join the club. You can send email after email after email, try calling, whatever, you'll get nowhere. I've been w/o my email for THREE WEEKS!

All I can recommend is upgrading to the Plus service, at least you should be able to get support. Whether that's sufficient to grab the account back from a scammer remains unclear, but perhaps you had a credit card on file (like I did from the old payment system) that could be used to verify ownership.

Anyway, as far as support for free services, forget about it. Chalk one up to the scammers. Yahoo is WORTHLESS if you're not a paying customer. Trust me, you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting through to this braindead company.