Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Joesplace

Default Yahoo Just Doesn't Care . . .

I have read of many problems with Yahoo but until it happens to you - you just listen! Yes, someone stole my Yahoo account and changed all the verification data. I had this account for over 8 years and it was a paid for Plus account. Yahoo Billing Dept. will verify all my data including credit card but Customer Service will not go beyond the wrong zip code to verify anything. I have spent hours on the phone to them and written many emails to the addresses they give me but I have come to the final conclusion - they just don't care! Basically I have an account I pay for and cannot access . . .

When this happened, my eBay and PayPal account was also stolen. eBay and PayPal fixed the problem and got me back in within an hour! These guys were great but Yahoo SUCKS, it's been days without a valid response from them! Guess I'll take my lumps and move on to someone that has a Customer Service Dept . . . Anybody know the Yahoo CEO or Board of Directors phone numbers or email addresses?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:37 PM
j26mol

Same ordeal for me, its actually been 4 months without yahoo doing anything, like u said ebay/paypal had everything taken care of within a hr, including my credit card company actions were very quick, but yahoo, no replies but thier surveys which of course i bash them each time. yahoo is a disgrace and will never use them again
Old 02-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Carolina77

Default Ouch

Hello, I totally know what you mean, I know you can find out the details of head quarters at [url]www.yahoo.com[/url] and at the bottom of the page you will see a "contact us" link, just click on there and it has all the contact information there.

Good luck
Old 02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
anchors64

Default I know what you all are Saying this happened to me Too!

On 02/05/06 I had no problem logging in but on 02/06/06 I saw my Yahoo IM wasn't working correctly so I tried to log in. Incorrect password. Then I tried to log-in to my account. Same thing incorrect password. Then I found out that they changed not only my password but they also changed my security question which is where did you meet your spouse? DAH
Well my answer is incorrect. I still can't get into my account! Also my bank account was hacked into so I contacted them and no problems they sent me another debit card and blocked the old one. All I was asking them to do is reset my password. I have filed with the BBB in California. There link is:
[url]http://www.bbbsilicon.org/commonreport.html?bid=202555[/url]
They do have alot of complaints and I would file as soon as you can.
The more people that file a complaint the better it is.
Kathy
Old 02-17-2006, 05:52 PM
meecha29

Angry Why Yahoo does not care?? MONEY

All they want is Money,,, I EMAILED THEM THREE TIMES, about my Jpeg images not showing up and they dont want to acknoledge that it could be their yahoo beta unit messing up ohhhhh noooo its never their fault, its allways pinned on us.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Carolina77

Lightbulb Kathy, Is your Account Compromised?

Hi Kathy, I think you should call Yahoo! if you are unable to log in and find out what happened. The number for the passwords department is 1-408-349-1572 Option 2, Then if in fact it is that someone has gotten your password, here's what you'll have to do as the agent will tell you the same thing;

I have had a situation where my account had been hacked too, but I talked to three people at Yahoo telling me the only information that could not be changed was by Birthdate, and my secret question and answer. It was described to me that if I provided the correct information at registration like they said when I "agreed to the Terms of Service", I shouldn't have a problem. Luckily enough, I was able to get my account back after all of the following:

Yahoo asked me to e-mail [email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email] (as there is no phone support for that department... ) put my Yahoo ID in the subject line and be specific what occurred, the last time I was able to log into my account. and wait for an automated response which didn't come like they said within the first 6 hours, so I checked my spam folder (bulk) for some and there it was, so I waited for the second e-mail which asked me for all of my information, after the second try, I got my questions right, the first time I didn't put the right zip. So when I replied the second time, I put in like 5 different zips I was at and as many different ways as I would answer my alternate e-mail addresses and my secret question and answer. Hopefully you all have good luck like I did.

I asked if I could get information on how I can find out who did this, turns out i need a court order or subpeona from my local authorities or a lawyer in order to request that information. because get this, if I was to go find this individual and hurt them, Yahoo said they might be held liable for any damages done to this person, so that's why I have to go through the legal rout. I know twisted, but that's what they said the procedures were.

Good Luck
Old 02-22-2006, 01:25 AM
lovenh

Default same problem

having same problem used yahoo account for 10 years same id and password now it is invalid.. and i checked the page and can not find the contact us link anywhere.. guess they took it off now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina77
Hello, I totally know what you mean, I know you can find out the details of head quarters at [url]www.yahoo.com[/url] and at the bottom of the page you will see a "contact us" link, just click on there and it has all the contact information there.

Good luck