Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
mickknight

Angry how the hell do you get a new password

On yahoo i for got my password and the Challenge Question how the hell do I get my password? and why do they make it so hard to get your password if you are the person?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:57 PM
eibgrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickknight
On yahoo i for got my password and the Challenge Question how the hell do I get my password? and why do they make it so hard to get your password if you are the person?

Yahoo is completely whacked on this issue. Even if you had the challenge/response in-hand, it wouldn't be enough. Apparently some time in the past, long after I initially signed up back around '98 or so, Yahoo started to require additional information -- birth date, original ZIP code, etc.

Well heck, when I signed up NONE of this stuff was ever indicated as necessary to resolve a lost password or other issue, so I and many people provided false info (to protect our privacy) and/or never recorded it (what did it matter).

NOW Yahoo wants it!

Good lord, how am I and thousands of others to provide information from 6, 7 or more years ago, when we were never told it was vital to problem resolution?!

AFAIK, I've never received ANY correspondence from Yahoo that the info necessary for support had changed. I understand if Yahoo needs to make changes, but they need to keep users INFORMED as well, esp. old timers who signed up under different terms. Even now, I'm not sure if I had another support problem whether I'd have the right information (original ZIP code? I've moved 5-6 times in the last 10 years alone!).

The lesson here is: you're FOOLISH to place any dependence on Yahoo services except for those things deemed expendable (e.g., family correspondence). Anyone expecting to run business correspondence through this service is nuts.

JMTC

eibgrad
Old 08-25-2006, 07:04 AM
kishmu

I agree. Shun Yahoo.