Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Richard

Default problem sending email on Yahoo

Hello,

I've never had the problem before yesterday but when I press the "send" button in one of my Yahoo email accounts, I get a "Your login session has expired" message. I click on the link to login at Yahoo again and it takes me back to my messages and I write the email all over again and try to send with the same result. This is not a problem on my other Yahoo mail account.

Here's what I've done:

1) I've tried closing out the browser several times and started all over again each time and have tried logging in in every way possible. I have no problem getting into my mail or changing account info so that I know my password is correct and is being accepted by the system..

2) I've reset the "cookie sensitivity" slide after selecting: control panel -network and internet connections - internet options - privacy. (The "your session has expired" page said that it could be because my computer settings didn't admit cookies.)

3) I've done the above but went to "general" instead of "privacy" and deleted all of the cookies in the temporary internet file. (The "Your session has expired" page said that the cookies could be "corrupted".)

I've spent a couple hours now checking a whole bunch of computer settings and consulting the less than helpful Yahoo "help" trying to find the answer to my difficulty. I also ran several adware/spyblaster/antivirus programs in case some virus got in and did some damage but to no avail as I still have the problem. I am no computer whiz but I've tried the obvious things that I'm aware of. My local computer dealer is out of town until March 21st so that I am still "sctatching my head" about this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,

Richard
Old 03-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Richard

Default problem sending email on Yahoo

After further investigation, I've found that I couldn't send email on either Yahoo account, although my wife can without problem on her Yahoo accounts. Experimenting further, I then found that I could send email if I saved the email as a draft and then went to "mail" again, then "draft" , selected the email message that I had just written when I was in the "compose" mode, and then press "send".

Experimenting even further, I found that I could send email if I did not select the address from the address book but wrote it in manually! This is weird. I thought that perhaps someone put a virus in my computer to do this but I've run several virus/ adware/spyware scans and my computer is clean. I'm perplexed.

Richard
Old 03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
pjessen

Question Are all of your windows updates current?

Hi Richard - I was having fatal errors in yahoo! and discovered that it's because I'm not up to date on windows and IE. I found this out by trying a completely different system that is current on everything.

Just a thought - Pam
Old 03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Richard

Thanks Pam. I checked and updated windows again, even though I thought that I had recently done that. Every time an automatic update comes up, I allow it to happen. No change. I don't see how to update Internet Explorer. I'll keep looking. Otherwise, the worst that can happen is that I have to manually type in all email addresses until my local dealer/programmer is back from vacation. That's not a problem but I hope that I will not have to change email addresses again as I just did that 7 weeks ago.

Richard
Old 03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Mr SupportSentry

Richard,

here is the IE download site. The installer should make sure whatever you have installed is the latest. [url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/]Click here[/url] to take you there.