Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2005, 12:06 AM
ChrimsonRose

Default Stolen nick and password HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this truly is Yahoo support then will someone please please help me??

I've sent yahoo about 8 or 9 emails with no response.. I even went so far as to try and find a phone number, to no avail.
So this is my last resort... Here is what happened: Someone I knew sent me a link, I clicked on it and nothing happened.. About 10 minutes later it said that someone signed in under my name and booted me out... Now my password is changed and I can't get to my email.... I have VERY important information in my email that is VERY valuable to me.. Not to mention contacts that I keep in touch with on a weekly basis.
I Don't know what to do.. I have had that nick for roughly 10 years now and have used the email for that long as well... Will someone please help me, or am I just waisting my time???

Nicole
Old 04-11-2005, 04:02 AM
christal

I know what you are going thru! The same thing happened to me a week ago! Yahoo will not help you at all because unless you can verify your correct info they will not beable to help. They can not even disable the account until you give them the correct info!
But if you do get a helpful solution PLEASE PLEASE let me know!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:45 PM
jadz18

that bites nicole and christal i had the same thing happen to me except it wasnt a web page... just got hacked for no apparent reason..

Um call the customer support number and maybe they can help you?

J
Old 04-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Do you have history on your Yahoo client that you can look through to find the link you clicked on. I don't use Yahoo's client for my Yahoo IM, I use a program called Trillian that does Yahoo, AOL, ICQ and MSN IM all in one. But, usually, you can click a user and then get the history of what you have said to each other. It would be interesting to see if Yahoo would be able to help you if you can provide a history and then the link you clicked on. I am sure they installed some kind of spyware that grabbed your password and now you are out.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:29 PM
TerminalDogma

1-408-943-1572, Option2, Option2.
Explain the situation and go from there.
If you can't verify your account because some of the info has been changed. Send a blank email to [email]account-security@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email] with your username as the subject line and they'll verify against original information.

Lesson here though is not to follow mysterious links :[
Old 05-09-2005, 08:01 PM
mig_eddy

Well I've tried both. the same thing happened to me, I called the number and cant get any help because the account info has been changed so I wasnt able to verify the info... And I sent an email to them everyday for the past week and still no help..........

I just want to get into my account long enough to get my contacts and pictures.

But the link came from someone I trust, but didnt realize it was a virus
Old 05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Mr SupportSentry

I just witnessed this the other day. My sister must have installed something bad. I began to receive Yahoo IMs from her, once every 5 minutes or so, with a link in it. I knew better than to click on it, because I have read all of the horror stories in here and because it did not sound like it was something she would write. I tried to respond to her when the messages came through, but she did not reply. I finally called her because I realized what was going on. She ended up getting the virus uninstalled using Norton. Everyone should probably mention this to their family and friends who use Yahoo and other IM services that if they think a link someone sends them sounds fishy, to verify it with the sender before clicking on it.