Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006, 01:34 PM
showtimeinvegas

Default How to delete an email sent before it is read

Hello. Can anyone here tell me how to delete an email that has been sent to the receiver but has not been read by the receiver yet. I have a free yahoo email acct and don't know if I have the function to do that. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:59 PM
eibgrad

You can't normally do this due to the nature of how email is processed. When you send an email, it is sent to the receiver's pop server (so they can retrieve it). But YOU have no control over email once it's sent, neither while in transit nor eventually in the hands of the recipient’s pop server. It's sort of like what happens when you drop a regular letter in the mailbox -- at that point, it becomes the physical property of the USPS. There simply is no smtp/pop protocol that would permit you to delete *ANY* mail while in transit or once it resides w/the recipient's pop server (i.e., their mailbox). That's just the way it works.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
jmonheim

Default email retrieval

not nessacarly true with yahoo yes that is the case but with microsft outlook you can bring back an email after you send it as long as you do it right away