Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Trey

Angry I Feel Ripped Off

Let me try to explain my dilemma,I subscribed to Yahoo's Music Service which is in my opinion far better that my prior service or any others on the internet,or so i thought.I overlooked one glaring omission in my haste to sign on and that is no phone support.Now for those unfamiliar with Music subscription services that use DRM(Digital Rights management) this is a very shaky platform given to constant failure.

So right after being billed for the whole month I reinstalled my O/S which prevented me from being able to sign on to Yahoo Music,the error message was I needed to de-activate one of my machines,well I had only installed it on one machine and I can't log on to Yahoo Musi to de-activate it !.

So i sent a e-mail from Customer Service's website using their embedded e-mail system,that was over 10 days ago,and you guessed it I have not heard a word back from them.So now i have paid for a service that I can not access and a company that will not contact me to fix it.

Two days ago I was furious with these idiots so I sent a e-mail to Billing and said cancel my account because it's on a auto payment through my credit card,and to my surprise I received a reply from what sounded like a real person and not a auto responder.

In my cancellation I explained fully why I was canceling and how disappointed I was in them(and how foolish I felt because I had given them glowing reviews on a couple of web forums) they did not even respond to any of that,like they could care less.

After un-installing the program it asked for feedback which I was more than glad to answer.I explained what had happened and that if they want to compete with the likes of Napster,Music Match,Apple and the like they must offer phone support given the nature of this service,secondly I mentioned how I had no response from Customer service,but Billing responded with in 24 hours and asked if this was a good business model,ignore paying customers and respond immediately to customers canceling(makes no sense to me).

I also suggested that if you are going to use a embedded e-mail system you should sen a auto response just to let the customer know that his request was received,unlike this type of system when sending mail my self I can request a return receipt to see if it was indeed received and when.

As I closed I let them know how I felt ripped off to be billed and to have my service unavailable right after that and no refund forthcoming,I am going to my CC company and take this up with them,it's only $6.99 (US) but to me int doesn't matter if it was 6.99 or 699.00.

Believe it or not I still would like to utilize the service but am very leery,I would love to have a phone number in the US where I could call them and talk not to a minion but to someone that thinks keeping a paying customer as a priority.

Thanks for letting me rant on about this,I hope that this might warn people away from this service if this is how they run customer service.

~Trey~
Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 PM
hybernation

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey
Let me try to explain my dilemma,I subscribed to Yahoo's Music Service which is in my opinion far better that my prior service or any others on the internet,or so i thought.I overlooked one glaring omission in my haste to sign on and that is no phone support.Now for those unfamiliar with Music subscription services that use DRM(Digital Rights management) this is a very shaky platform given to constant failure.

So right after being billed for the whole month I reinstalled my O/S which prevented me from being able to sign on to Yahoo Music,the error message was I needed to de-activate one of my machines,well I had only installed it on one machine and I can't log on to Yahoo Musi to de-activate it !.

So i sent a e-mail from Customer Service's website using their embedded e-mail system,that was over 10 days ago,and you guessed it I have not heard a word back from them.So now i have paid for a service that I can not access and a company that will not contact me to fix it.

Two days ago I was furious with these idiots so I sent a e-mail to Billing and said cancel my account because it's on a auto payment through my credit card,and to my surprise I received a reply from what sounded like a real person and not a auto responder.

In my cancellation I explained fully why I was canceling and how disappointed I was in them(and how foolish I felt because I had given them glowing reviews on a couple of web forums) they did not even respond to any of that,like they could care less.

After un-installing the program it asked for feedback which I was more than glad to answer.I explained what had happened and that if they want to compete with the likes of Napster,Music Match,Apple and the like they must offer phone support given the nature of this service,secondly I mentioned how I had no response from Customer service,but Billing responded with in 24 hours and asked if this was a good business model,ignore paying customers and respond immediately to customers canceling(makes no sense to me).

I also suggested that if you are going to use a embedded e-mail system you should sen a auto response just to let the customer know that his request was received,unlike this type of system when sending mail my self I can request a return receipt to see if it was indeed received and when.

As I closed I let them know how I felt ripped off to be billed and to have my service unavailable right after that and no refund forthcoming,I am going to my CC company and take this up with them,it's only $6.99 (US) but to me int doesn't matter if it was 6.99 or 699.00.

Believe it or not I still would like to utilize the service but am very leery,I would love to have a phone number in the US where I could call them and talk not to a minion but to someone that thinks keeping a paying customer as a priority.

Thanks for letting me rant on about this,I hope that this might warn people away from this service if this is how they run customer service.

~Trey~

Agree with everything you have said. VERY inferior service compared with Napseter and MusicMatch.

Customer service phone number is (408) 349-1572. I had to kill someone at the CIA to get this information
Old 02-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Carolina77

Arrow Refund Possibility

Hello Trey,

You can call Yahoo! back and ask to speak to a Tier 2 representative, once you explain to them you've had this many problems, as long as it is within two months since you had the charge, this would be refundable, I had it happen to me too.

Good luck