Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2006, 09:55 PM
davmandy

Default Success (water cleaves the rock)

OMG - I have just reached the end of a nine-week odyssey battling yahoo customer "care" and I still can't believe I emerged victorious!!!!

My email account stopped being able to receive new mail in May. I wrote an received the usual computer-generated nonsense. I replied, they replied with more off-topic material. I wrote again. We played tag like this for weeks. I started over from scratch with a new person. No luck. I wrote again. No luck. I replied to all three threads. No luck.

It eventually turned into a sort of game - my new hobby of writing to customer care on a daily basis. There was obviously no hope of getting the problem resolved - my email was gone, and I was resolved to that - but I would waste as much of their time as possible.

Some days I was annoyed, sometimes matter-of-fact. I even offered to upgrade to their paid service if someone would take an interest. Nobody did.

And then yesterday - I got the first email that was obviously from a person!
It described the problem accurately, quoted me a case number, and said that they would be back to me shortly. Then an hour later the same person wrote to say that the problem had been resolved.

Now I'm happy, but at a loss - writing to customer care had become part of my daily routine - now I have to look for a new hobby!

David
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 AM
randy12085

Default you lucky bugger

Congrats! And it only took nine weeks of daily emails? Well I guess I have something to look forward to for the next two months!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:05 PM
randy12085

Default Beat Ya!!!

Hey DAVMANDY, Yahoo customer non-care emailed me today 05 AUG 2006
like it was okay, and gave me a password to reset my account. To show my appreciation I am taking my mail and leaving Yahoo for good. I was only locked out for nine DAYS!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:09 AM
davmandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy12085
Hey DAVMANDY, Yahoo customer non-care emailed me today 05 AUG 2006
like it was okay, and gave me a password to reset my account. To show my appreciation I am taking my mail and leaving Yahoo for good. I was only locked out for nine DAYS!

luckyyy....what's your secret?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 AM
randy12085

Default Could it be........

My secret? Coincidentally I sent yahoo security a copy of a letter to the editor of our city newspaper that I had written. The letter explained how vulnerable yahoo accounts were to hi-jacking and how useless yahoo customer non-care was in trying to re-establish the account. THE NEXT DAY I got a letter from yahoo account security with a password. BAM, I am back in. I also mentioned that there were hundreds of similar stories on a website called [url]www.supportsentry.com[/url]. And if anybody else reads this post I want to thank all others on this site who posted their comments, yahoo addresses and yahoo phone numbers. I know without that data there is no way I could have gotten yahoo to respond so quickly.

Randy
Old 08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
brenain

Default Letter to Editor

Randy!!
I had been thinking about that but every time I started writing a letter to the editor, I would get more and more angry. I've been through the 'security loop' so many times now it's terrible!

Could you send me a copy of your letter so I can use it in my own fight with Yahoo? I've been locked out since April 29!!! I'm willing to try one more time to get my account back!
Please send to [email]kevin@isualum.com[/email]
Thanks tons!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
LynndaK

Question So now ya need a new hobby?

Gads!Sounds like me after I gave up being a hit-woman. NOW watcha gonna do kid?
Please! Would ya please send me that phone number & customer care email addy? Yahoo! bug too if ya have it. I thought I had that stuff but it just comes back as failed.
Thanks & Congrats,
LynndaK~

[email]movies2go4u@yahoo.com[/email]
Old 08-08-2006, 01:39 AM
randy12085

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynndaK
Gads!Sounds like me after I gave up being a hit-woman. NOW watcha gonna do kid?
Please! Would ya please send me that phone number & customer care email addy? Yahoo! bug too if ya have it. I thought I had that stuff but it just comes back as failed.
Thanks & Congrats,
LynndaK~

[email]movies2go4u@yahoo.com[/email]

[email]account-security-help@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]