Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2006, 09:39 PM
kishmu

Hi,

Your case is worse because you are paying for the service. Please send a complaint to ftc.gov.

KK
Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
back_as_smart

Angry Where is my old Account in Yahoo??

Ok Yahoo??? Where did alot of Peoples accounts go?? Thought you advertised you had virus protection??? Hello?? If you did...What the heck happened?? There are loads of People that want their accounts corrected... and they and myself want to be able to get back in them!! You have a wonderful service and you let it go to pot!! Wake up America and the world....they screwed us up!!
Old 08-20-2006, 01:11 AM
victim_pwd_plshelp

Default We need to do something

Hi guys,

Enough is enough.... we need to take some bigger step.. .something in lines of complaining to FTC and if possible do a mass effort to curb this kind of Yahoo 's customer service. After all its our own account... they couldn't protect our account from being hacked and now they are trying to "SO CALLED" protect the accounts from their respective owners... it doesn't make any sense.

Please lets get together on this and before our accounts get deleted (if they are inactive they will be in some days) lets try to get them back.
I am in for anything. From the messages that I have read.. I suppose Randy and Kishmu sound pretty informative and they can take the lead or atleast show us the path.

Hoping to hear from you all soon.

Hack Victim
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 PM
kishmu

Hi,

My problem is the secret answer doesn't match with what is in their system. The secret question in their system is something I wrote, much later than when I first created the account. My guess was I was answering the wrong question. So I again emailed Yahoo password security asking them to provide me with the list of secret questions asked from a user in the year 1998, when I first registered. Then a guy called Christopher emails the same old standard reply that they cannot help me because I don't match all their crap.

Who else can help me with that question but Yahoo? Their customer service is bogus.

BTW, its interesting you see "password hackers" in the Web that can do the job for a price. Obviously these guys "hack" by trading phished passwords. Its a business. If you look in their webpages (won't name them here), you will find they can hack Yahoo and Hotmail. *Not* gmail (atleast not yet).
Yahoo is helping these businesses! I wonder if these hackers work for Yahoo, because their Geocities web page was used for phishing Bad reasoning but I dont care. Yahoo allowed passwords to be hacked by their own services. They were careless in allowing someone to impersonate themselves in their Geocities page.

Apart from reporting to FTC (please do if you haven't), I suggest we stop using Yahoo's email. Boycott them. Switch to gmail ( no I dont work for email, but I haven't seen another free email provider that is hack free - atleast yet).
Discontinue from their paid services if you do. Spread the word around in your blogs. If someone can take this to the newspaper, that would be even better.

Yahoo will pay for this.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:56 PM
ginger

Angry Can't log into yahoo either.

I was last logged into yahoo on Tuesday August the 26th. Now, I can't log in either. It keeps saying invalid password or id. I know I have not changed my password. I emailed yahoo securtiy, much like everyone else and they keep saying my answers are not matching up. I have not changed them!!!! I have emailed them four days in a row, offering to send an email with a copy of my driver's license and birth certificate. Still no help. Please someone help me. I have very important contact's in my email that I cannot afford to lose. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,
Ginger
Old 08-27-2006, 08:50 PM
ladyrunaway

Default Me Too!!

I am a victim as well and sending email back and forth with yahoo customer service for 4 days now. i even see my account being online on YM and when i send messages it will get off line.
I am just wondering..isnt that when i try to give my info on password retrieval page for several times and didnt get it right,it will then say the account is temporary accessible for 12 hrs.,would it be then an idea to just simply make the account unaccessible due to retrieveing password every 12 hrs so it will be unsusable for the one who phished it?or would it be unaccessible for the who hached it as well?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Deshaine

Lightbulb Yahoo! Customer Care

Spoke with Yahoo Customer Care today (08-28-06) because my password no longer worked.

Here is the number and list of information you will need in order to reset your password.

1-866-562-7219

Dob
Zip
Alt email

Good luck!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:06 PM
kishmu

If you are phished, speaking to customer service is useless because the zip would have been changed. Piece of crap.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:07 PM
kishmu

Why do you want to continue using hacked emails? Someone already have seen your stuff, and whats the guarantee this won't happen again?

Forget yahoo. Go to gmail instead.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Mermanjohn

Default Success in Talking to a Real Person

Hi all concerned, just a note to say my yahoo ID was kidnapped by someone in Geocites. They sent a ransom note to my alternate email address asking for $120 to be deposited to an egold account. All my yahoo sites where affected and not accessible. I sent many notes to Yahoo! concerning this problem including the ransom note. I started calling the customer service number at 2am PDT today (Sunday). At about 0615 I reached a real person who tranferred me to the security department. The usual questions were asked to verify my account. My zip code had been changed. Jasper, the Yahoo! rep promised to reset the password within one hour. I am waiting for this now. All this happened in less than 24 hours. First clue there was a problem was from my Yahoo! Instant Messenger friends asking about some link to Geocities I had sent them. As I did not send ANY links I felt something was happening. I should have changed my password at this point. This started about 2 days ago.
Anyway, I will let all know the results of resetting the password soon.
There seems to be hope.
Thank you all for the forum. It let me know I was not alone with this problem.
Cheers,
John