Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Eyesimp

Unhappy No service for us serving overseas

My domain and "small business" email account are suspended because my old credit card expired. I want to keep the large storage capacity and extra features I get with my account, especially since I'm overseas and it's nice to be able to send large attachments to family and friends--so I'm trying to give them new billing details.

Unfortunately, all my billing addresses are now an APO address. There's no way to enter the APO "state" code in Yahoo!'s billing site. I've sent 3 messages trying to get the problem fixed but no one replies and my account remains suspended. At this point I have to call the USA--from Kabul!--to try to fix the problem. I only hope it can be fixed. The call will not be cheap.

BTW, I had to figure out the problem with my account by hunting around their nightmare site. They sent me an obscure notice to "reconfirm" my personal data, including my credit card, but they sent it from the "webmaster" of my domain. I am the webmaster and thought it was phishing. The next notice said I was suspended for sending massive amounts of spam and asked me to "reconfirm" my data including my credit card. After than message I was certain it was phishing! It wasn't. It was Yahoo!

The problem was an expired credit card, a problem they could not express and that I still cannot solve. These folks are losers, and darned unsupportive of those of us who are using their services while we are overseas. I guess the "good news" is that they aren't set up to bill us for the service they don't intend to provide!