Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2006, 01:19 PM
debmiester48

Default Telephone number for YAhoo!!

Hello-
Try this number for account verification. 866-850-4303
My Yahoo account was stolen from someone that also stole my ebay account. Ebay was wonderful and had my account back up and running in a matter of an hour. It took 10 days of emails back and forth with Yahoo to get this number. Once I finally got on the phone with them (hold time was 25 minutes) my account was restored in 5 minutes.
Best ofLuck!
Deb
Old 12-02-2006, 11:16 PM
jking233

Default Can't log into Yahoo messenger or mail!

Ok People,

My Yahoo Account got hacked yesterday. I did all the “if you forgot your user name or password” stuff got the same E-mail as everyone else has. I called 866 562-7219 waited about 10 min I think his name was Max who I talked with. I can tell you FIRST and foremost BE NICE and POLITE. I told him my whole story yada yada…. gave him my DOB ZIP etc. My Zip did not match I give him all 3 Zips sense I set this up account about 10 years ago. One thing that was interesting he asked me to answer to my Security Question. I told him I did not know what the question was. He told me the question was “what is First Name”? Not what is my first name or what my mom or dads or kid or dog first name just “what is first name” I give him my first name my moms dads dogs etc… first name. Then he asked me for an E-mail “outside” of yahoo to send a temp password. Before I got off the phone I had it and he waited for me to try it I did and got right in. One thing that we need to realized the yahoo is a FREE service when it comes to E-mail and messenger. They don’t really use TOS at all because it is a free service. I would say to people if you want to keep important INFO, I would not use Yahoo I would use your ISP E-mail because that mail stays on their E-mail server and if they had to they could get it back for you. Hope this helps and remember being NICE and POLITE to Customer NO service can sometimes work!!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
jhepn

Default another yahoo account hacked

My account was also hacked into this morning. For about the past 7 hours, I have been unable to access any of my Yahoo account information as someone/something has apparently changed my password. The obvious concern is that this is the beginning of potential identity theft.
I found in this thread the phone numbers to reach Yahoo, which are, as indicated by the very presence of this thread, obscurely located on the Yahoo site at best. I googled it and found the numbers much easier (hmmmm?). So, upon contacting a "human" (and I use the term loosely), I was told that I no longer had a secret question to validate my account. Apparently the hacker took care of that first. So then I was asked for my credit card that they have in their system. I told them I have several cards and had no idea which one they had. After providing her with 3 cards, none of which matched, I was told that there was nothing that they could do to unlock my password.
Ok, frustration mounting. I was then told to email their security team:
[email]account-security@cc.yahoo-inc.com[/email]
which I then did. Of course, I quickly received an automated reply, which only raised the levels of frustration. I then documented the entire story to date and re-emailed the security team. As of now, I have not heard anything back.

So this is where it stands as of now. The very same thing happened to me about 6 months ago. I basically went down the same road, culminating in having to send over a copy of a birth certificate and drivers license via fax to their security team. Needless to say, the process took about 3 days before it was resolved. I can only hope that it works this time.

I would love to have a place to file a legal complaint. Any thoughts??
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM
jhepn

Default I'm back in!!

Ok, so here's what happened. I called in and emailed but was getting nowhere. I had the same response that others (including myself) have logged here. Called tech support, asked a variety of questions, credit card info, zip code, email addresses, etc. Went to the supervisor and got the same runaround.
Well, I called back again. This time I spoke to Ronald. Same routine, but, in deference to a poster earlier in the thread, I maintained complete and utter cheerfulness. I was completely unperterbed and overly friendly, laughing to him about how much he must have to hear from the likes of me and such. Then i began rattling off everything I DID know. I gave him 3 zip codes, every phone I could ever think of, all my email addresses going back into antiquity. He put me on hold for about a minute. Five minutes later I had a new password in my inbox.
Moral of the story, be POLITE, and give all the info you possibly can till something clicks. THEY CAN give you a new password at any time. You just have to persuade them effectively. Good luck to all of you and NEVER click on a link from Yahoo Messenger!!!! (or just switch to MSN!)
Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
kwv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking233
Ok People,

My Yahoo Account got hacked yesterday. I did all the “if you forgot your user name or password” stuff got the same E-mail as everyone else has. I called 866 562-7219 waited about 10 min I think his name was Max who I talked with. I can tell you FIRST and foremost BE NICE and POLITE. I told him my whole story yada yada… Hope this helps and remember being NICE and POLITE to Customer NO service can sometimes work!!

Can you you help being nice and polite, when you get no,slow or poor reponse from Yahoo that includes over many months standard form letter replies that has nothing to do with your problems, being told different things by Yahoo Staff that doesn't give you answers, being told to supply more information when you cannot as you don't have more information to give etc etc etc etc