Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Symantec Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2005, 07:18 PM
VernJ

Angry Horrible Customer Service

I have been a customer of Symantec for a number of years and have now decided to switch to McAfee. The support from Norton is VERY POOR, in fact non-existant.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
downtownoffice1

Angry Symantec customer support is a joke!

We just updated to Norton SystemWorks 2005. It took us all night connected to Customer Support in India to manually install the program. Then I had appx 84 extra icons on the desktop they couldn't tell me how to get rid of. The NEXT DAY we were inundated with viruses and adware! We spent the next two days, literally around the clock, having techs in India read from the same script over and over. Now my registry is totally screwed up, we can't boot up in normal mode, and the pop ups are again all over the place. The last guy I talked to said he would have Customer Relations call me the next morning at 9:30 - 19:00 am and that they would be able to take care of the problems. I can't say that I was surprised I never got any call...just mad. I lost a day of work and have spent so much time talking to tech support that I think I can almost speak Indian now!!!!

Anybody have any idea what to do?????? Any idea how to talk to a live person in Customer Relations or Customer Service that actually speaks English??????
Old 08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
ilm

Unhappy Symantec support is unreachable!

I'm glad I found this website. At least I'm not the only one disgusted with Symantec!

Out of desperation, after failing every effort to use Symantec's website and phone number to get a problem resolved, I searched on "symantec service complaint" and this was on the list of websites that came up. My Norton SystemWorks 2005 expires 12/2005, and I don't plan to renew it. But I can't get LiveUpdate to work at all. I might have to replace the Norton with another software way before it expires.

I felt like such a fool not to be able to get any help from Symantec to find out what's wrong. Now I know it's THEM not me creating the communications problem.

I get a message that I'm running "a pre-released or beta version of a 2005 symantec product...." and my download freezes. This text is not in their websearch dictionary, and the phone line requests a credit card before anyone will come on, with warnings about a longer than usual waiting time (with charges by minute as you wait???). There is NO free service except for pre-existing lists of terms and NO service personnel, not even an online conversation box.

Does anyone know how to remove every last trace of all Norton products so McAfee or some such can be downloaded instead?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
dylan

Default Symantec is one big RIP OFF!!!!

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem - but apparently, my trial period has expired and the system is now demanding a product key!!! I have mailed Symantec on a daily basis and have they answered? Have they heck!! I downloaded a bought and paid for years sub for what is allegedly the best antivirus - which to my mind probably NOT the best at all - I've headed over and gotten McAffee up and running instead - anyway, I am told in Symantec's Help section that the key I need is in the download process - now I'm not a computer wiz by any stretch of the imagination - but when told it's in the download process - an explanation would be nice! But no, none forthcoming and I'm £49 worse off - when asking for the key, it offers me the option of purchasing the download all over again - another £49 - I don't think so - Symantec, bye bye and hello McAffee!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 PM
cst21

Default think we should all push symantec right off the globe...

I recently renewed my Norton Antivirus subscription and in the process of running "live update" my pc crashed - crashed to the point where it has just about been "revived" and I've lost the contents of one whole partition in the process.

Now when I try to download the darn software again, I don't see the "download" button even though I'm supposed to for upto 60 days from date of purchase - have emailed customer support outlining all the steps taken and I get a response asking me to follow exactly the same procedure that I said I tried but didn't work.

It's almost impossible to get a telephone# contact for them on their website and I finally got it by googling....this is is the VERY LAST TIME that I use Symantec - the sooner that word gets out there the better for everyone!

SYMANTEC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:47 AM
mtthwgale

Exclamation System Re-store

Just Do A System Restore And Click When It Crashed (date And Time) Then It Will Take You To That Time And You Will Have To Re-start