Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
nikraye

Default Phone number no help - Yahoo won't release domain

I've been trying for a week now to transfer my yahoo geocities pro website domain to my new host. According to yahoo geocities, you simply use the "domain manager" in the geocities account control panel to change the nameservers. They caution that you should not cancel your geocities pro account until AFTER you've changed your nameservers to your new host because if you do, you won't be able to access the control panel needed to change your nameservers. However, the control panel doesn't work. Everytime I try to change the yahoo nameservers to my new host's nameservers, I get an error message that states "unable to process request." I've tried emailing them using their online contact form. Three days later I got an email from their customer service tech, Dennis, apologizing for the delay in responding--says my email had gotten stuck in a glitch (yeah, sure). He asked me for a bunch of my account details (apparently to confirm that I was the account holder) and said he needed this info to get into my account to replicate the problem. That was three days ago and I've never heard back from good old Dennis. I've re-submitted my email to him three times since and still no response from him. I even forwarded my email to Dennis to the email address for Yahoo tech contact listed on my domain's registration whois page, without any response. I called the phone number on my whois page for yahoo support and got a recording that said I had to use the email (domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com). I finally found this forum thru a google search and found the 408-349-1572 customer service number for yahoo. Called it and, after punching numbers for one menu after another, finally got the menu for "questions about geocities pro web hosting service". Punched that number and got a recording that said, "I'm sorry, I am unable to connect your call..." and was promptly disconnected by Yahoo.

This is unbelievable. I found through another google search a lot of posts by others who are finding it next to impossible to cancel a yahoo service or transfer a domain. One poster was still trying to get their domain transferred after A MONTH of emails, phone calls, etc. to yahoo. What a scam! If they make it impossible for you to transfer your domain you can never cancel your account...and they keep on billing you all the while.

Anyone else have this or similar problems? Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit?