Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2005, 09:35 PM
blondegurl5583

Angry Yahoo Messenger

When I try to download Yahoo Messenger...it comes up with an error saying "Could not load the DLL Library. The specified module could not be found." How do I get Yahoo Messenger to download on my computer or get a DLL Library?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:24 PM
The Jolt Master

Default A solution?

Blonde:

I ran into the same error when I upgraded my YIM - but this was a while back, so I'm a bit hazy on this. I believe I tried this:

1) Browse your way to the C:\Program Files\Yahoo! folder.

2) Find the Messenger folder and rename it Messenger.old or something like that.

3) Do the same for the Installs folder, but *re-create* the Installs folder again, so you'll have Installs and Installs.old and Installs will be empty.

4) Try downloading YIM again and that should work.

-- Jolt
Old 09-13-2005, 03:17 AM
justhelping

Default dll files

A dll is a dynamic link which is basically a file that helps execute the file. Write down what the name of the dll file is and post it here or email me and I will help you install or find that. This file is needed to run many programs.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 AM
LakotaStar2003

Default Yahoo messenger error code

I am so glad I found this site and hope you can help me. I too am having problems with this "Could not load the DLL library. The specified module could not be found." error message. Everything was fine until I attempted to download the lastest version of Yahoo messenger.

I tried to follow the directions that were given in a previous post. However, I must confess that I am not good at finding my way around the computer and don't understand much of the jargon.

Yahoo messenger has been my main vehicle for keeping in contact with my relatives and friends and now am unable to do it at all! I am pleading for help as I will be going into the hospital on Oct 4 for some major surgery and at this time, because of this error, I have no way to tell my family what is going on with my health.

Please...if you have patience and can instruct me in very basic terms, I would be so greatly appreciative for the help.

Please contact me at my email address: [email]Lakota_Pride1876@yahoo.com[/email] and from there....will give you my phone number or will call you to save your phone bill or anything that needs to be done so that I can get this probelm solved as fast as possible.

I thank anyone who can help me in advance and look forward to speaking with you one way or the other.

Thank you for your gracious consideration.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 AM
BikerPissed82

Default could not load the DLL library. the specified module could not be found

I was having trouble with my Yahoo messenger so I decided to uninstall it and totally reinstall it after I uninstalled it then I ran accross this problem all of you are having, and I have lots of people looking for me on Yahoo I'm so depressed about it!! help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:45 AM
brina16201

I'm having trouble downloading yahoo messenger.... it has the dll library error.. if you can help me, i would appriciate it.. my e-mail is [email]brina16201@aim.com[/email]
Old 02-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Carolina77

Thumbs up Messenger Problem

Hey Ya'll I had to stop using my messenger at my home computer when I had my MSN running, they just wouldn't jive together, I am going to uninstall it and reinstall it again. I think it's the new version that is causing this. Who knows.

Good luck
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
maddie444

I had the same problem. I emailed Yahoo about this and this is what they said.
They had me disable any nortons or internet security before downloading Yahoo messenger. (it was blocking it)
I had to make sure I removed any Yahoo I had on my PC. from Add and Remove and Start-My Computer-Local disk C-Program files and look for any Yahoo folder. Delete it!
Disable Nortons or any Security and go to download Yahoo Messenger. This worked for me. Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Carolina77

Arrow Norton.. What a good idea

Hey Maddie~ That was a terrific tip, Thanks ! That worked totally!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:19 AM
softclitforyou@yahoo.com

Default My file message is (RUNDLL)?

And it also says (Error Loading C: \PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\COMMON\ymmapi.dll
can you explain this to me and how can i get on my messenger and when i click on the Log in it says
Logging in Softclitforyou, then the smily face appears but not my screen, then I go up to the messenger tab, I click on connections it tells me about the proxies. I have no clue on what to do, but i need help