Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2005, 05:11 PM
pjessen

Thumbs down Cannot access Yahoo! email; not yahoo!'s problem

I asked a friend to log into her computer to see if she can read my email and yes, she can. It's due to some software on my system and since I'm awaiting a new system I should [gulp] be okay. This all had to do with windows updates....PHEW

A few days ago I found a problem with my yahoo! Mail Plus. Having spent years on line there are hiccups here and there and I assumed that it would clear up at reboot. Sad. Cutting to the chase, I have not been able to access my email since late Sunday, early Monday. I went through all of the yahoo help [?!] pages and sent messages to the ether with no action.

I called the number at [url]http://docs.yahoo.com/info/address[/url] and was given another number 408-349-1572 [offshore] and spent about 20 minutes on line with Abel who was a nice guy but could not help me. He took my phone number and said my issue was being elevated - I even got a reference id #.

I naively thought yahoo would take it from there. That was Wednesday 3/9 at 9:03 am. On Thursday I emailed yahoo with all details of my problem and distinctly requested an email to my NEW email [geez, I miss yahoo] at Lycos.

Who can I call to get results - -- enough whining, Pam

Last edited by pjessen : 03-12-2005 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Update to main reason for original message
Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Why not call Abel back or the number they gave you with the reference number you have? At least you have a case ID, most people, it seems, are not that fortunate.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:47 PM
pjessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr SupportSentry
Why not call Abel back or the number they gave you with the reference number you have? At least you have a case ID, most people, it seems, are not that fortunate.

As a matter of fact, I did just that but being Saturday I must wait until Monday to place the call.....Don't these people get that there are problems on the internet over the weekend? To say I'm frustrated would be more than slightly understated.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Sounds like you are a paying customer...that is not cool if you ask me. But, then again I stopped paying Yahoo! for anything a few years ago. Their support systems are not really equiped to handle their customers. It is amazing that these types of problems have persisted this long.