Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > SBC Customer Service Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2005, 11:02 PM
bdenning

Thumbs down billed after service was terminated...

I am active duty military, 24 years. I was recently reassigned from CA to GA. I called all of my utility companies and terminted the various services's when I moved. SBC continues to bill me, they say I did not call and terminate service. I did call SBC, I called SBC to terminate service and I documented it. SBC dropped the ball, they continue to bill me for services I never recieved...

I called SBC customer service, they were rude. I asked to speak to a supervisor, they would not let me talk to a supervisor. I asked for a supervisor call-back, but they never called me back.

I will never deal with SBC, I will never allow SBC to provice service to me or my family, ever...

SBC, you should be ashamed...
Old 12-03-2005, 02:31 PM
bdenning

So,

I guess SBC has no intention to justify why they continue to bill me...

But, they continue to send me bills, and the bill is for a different amount each time...

But they send my bill to a bill collector...

SBC communications has poor customer service, and I will never be a customer again, period...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
KarlT

Calling customer service is a losing fight; I spent months trying to get stuff straightened out with them.

Here is the name and address of the Chief Operating Officer of SBC. Write to him, and with a little luck, they will call you and you can get it straightened out.

Mr. Randall L. Stephenson, COO
SBC Communications, Inc.
175 East Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205-2233

I agree 100%; they are an utterly rotten company to deal with.

KarlT
Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 PM
bdenning

Thank You KarlT

I just recieved a bill from a bill collecting agency...

SBC is determined to damage my credit, but they will not call me...

I will NEVER again allow SBC to provide any service to me...
Old 01-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Chammy

Sounds familiar to what i had dealt with a while ago. I had my service terminated and still they claimed I never turned off service and billed me and sent me to collections.

Now my girl freind said they had suspended her account or internet connection for a time untill she can catch up, but then just disconnected it and they want her to pay the disconnection fee, she explained to them that she didnbt want it dis coneccted but that she was going to pay want she owed of late fees. They still are rude about it also. Kinda reminds me of BlockBuster Video. I wonder whats going on with them.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 AM
nicoletmw

Angry Sounds familiar!!!

I actually just hung up with SBC for the 3rd time regarding the same issue.
I moved out of state, they would not disconnect my DSL without a cancellation fee, which would have been more than paying out the remainder of the contract I apparently agreed to when signing up for DSL…which I clearly remember was NEVER mentioned! So I continued to pay the monthly charge and terminated my service at the end of the contract. However, SBC billed me for service even after my DSL and phone line were disconnected. Not only did they bill me they automatically deducted the funds from my checking account.
I have argued with 3 customer service account reps regarding this. Each telling me the billing was correct.....even after I asked them to confirm what date my DSL and phone were disconnected.... and then asked them to confirm the dates they were billing for. The service was disconnected on the March 23rd, and I was billed for serivce from March 24th to the April 23rd. I had to almost draw a picture of a calendar before any of the reps could understand that the 24th comes AFTER the 23rd...after the date my service, both DSL and phone were DISCONNECTED!!!
Then they had the nerve to tell me that it was my error the funds were deducted from my bank account, because I failed to discontinue my auto-pay..... Well from where I am sitting, it seems there should not be any auto-pay for a NON-WORKING phone number??? Call me crazy!
After I managed to draw the picture for customer service, I was told by EACH one a refund would be issued within 30 days.....
Well it is now 90 days later, and I have just been told AGAIN there is no record of any refund due on my account.
I JUST BLEW UP at the customer service rep Kelly. I finally was able to speak to a supervisor, and let her have it with both barrels too. I have been told there is NO guarantee, but I should have a refund within 30 days.
I asked if they could do a special refund request, and was told yes, but it can take 14-20 days processing time, so I wouldnt get it any faster then just the regular refund request...ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO DRAW A PICTURE for these people.... hmmmmm 14-20 days vs 30days.............
Any way I was told a special refund request would be put in today, and I ASSURED the supervisor Monica, that I would be calling back requesting to speak to her next week to follow up on this, and would continue to call her until it was taken care of.
I apologized for being so snippy, but told her she was suffering the consequences of other people not doing their job correctly, and maybe something should be done to properly train their staff, because their piss-poor customer service is only shadowed by their ignorance.

Thanx for letting me vent!
I am sorry that anyone else has to go through this too.
SBC has absolutely piss-poor customer service and they obviously dont care.
I am writing complaint letters and posting everywhere I possibly can.
I hope everyone who has problems with SBC does just that.

I'll let you know in 20 days!!

Nicci