Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2005, 04:13 AM
LadyLepus

Default Deleted Account

My email account was deleted about two weeks ago. It worked in the morning and then I went to check it not three hours later...and it was *poof* gone. Later I found out that my group and my co-mods email/SN had been deleted as well. As our group did contain adult material, it was properly placed in the adult section and marked for those over 18. Now i've had both my email and this group for going on 3 years. If the issue was over content, why on earth was it JUST deleted now? Nothing has changed, nothing has gotten worse or any more offensive, and certainly we've done nothing wrong. Is there a way to get all of them back, including all the precious information I had stored in them?

Thanks,
Lady Lepus
Old 06-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Pharaoh

Question

That's the same thing I'm trying to figure out. I was a member of a group(it was an adult one too), and we had it put in all the right sections, we didn't break any Yahoo rules or anything and it was deleted. It had been around for 3 years too, like u said. The owner's account/ID was deleted and so it deleted his group, like in your case. We've just been doing the same exact things, but it just got deleted! I've heard this same complaint from many other people also. Their groups were deleted for no reason. Is there any possible way we could retrieve our stuff or get Yahoo to retrieve our stuff??? There was alot of important info we needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLepus
My email account was deleted about two weeks ago. It worked in the morning and then I went to check it not three hours later...and it was *poof* gone. Later I found out that my group and my co-mods email/SN had been deleted as well. As our group did contain adult material, it was properly placed in the adult section and marked for those over 18. Now i've had both my email and this group for going on 3 years. If the issue was over content, why on earth was it JUST deleted now? Nothing has changed, nothing has gotten worse or any more offensive, and certainly we've done nothing wrong. Is there a way to get all of them back, including all the precious information I had stored in them?

Thanks,
Lady Lepus

Last edited by Pharaoh : 06-14-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Pretty interesting. Have you guys tried to call Yahoo! to find out what the deal is? I can hardly imagine that after 3 years they suddenly changed their minds.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Pharaoh

Yea I just don't get it. I think I'm gonna tell the owner of it to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr SupportSentry
Pretty interesting. Have you guys tried to call Yahoo! to find out what the deal is? I can hardly imagine that after 3 years they suddenly changed their minds.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Pharaoh

Well I've had the owner of it call many times, and no luck yet. They just kept hassling him and it was just going on and on. I can't believe this. Doesn't anybody else know of anything to do? Or anyone that has been able to actually get their group back or at least some of the things in their group back?