Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
snwsurfer

Default Yahoo members with Stolen Acct Passwords

Hey,

Yesterday my password got switched and I couldn't log in. This morning I called yahoo.

Without the proper info, date of birth and zip/postal, you're pretty much screwed. I got my yahoo account maybe around 8 years ago when internet security wasn't always as secure, so back then I usually put bogus info.

So as of now I cannot get into my account, nor will I get the password reset unless I can remember what bogus info I put.

I guess the only thing to do now is A) complain about it and do nothing. or B)fight to get it back.

I honestly don't see why we cannot have access to our account. It's their screw up, not ours. Their security has been comprimised so we have to suffer the consequences? I'm gonna put a petition in and have it sent to the yahoo corporate office. I'm not saying its gonna work but its worth a shot to get our accounts back. I guess we can start by getting a tally of how many people want to petition the issue, after that in a week or so, or whenever we have enough names, we can pm or email all the info to me, i'll have it printed out in a letter and mailed to the head office.

Reply with your Support Sentry usernames, after we get a certain number i'll PM everyone and we'll get something rolling asap.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
jadz18

Default petition

money talks...petitioning talks as well.. but i think if we can get the media on our side even better!

But i would so go for a petition right now. I lost a valuable messenger and yahoo id last year in october.. Yes thats how long ago and i still think about it..

Whats worse is when the hacker logs in on your id and says some pretty rude shit to you when you try to reason with them.

J
Old 04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Unfortunately, the people that make it to this forum are probably the ones who have already been hijacked. I think it would be prudent for people to change their information to something they may be able to remember, but to also document it in a Word file or something that they save on their computer. So, that in the event you run through this again with Yahoo or someone else, you have the information you provided.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:29 AM
decrusher2003

Exclamation My Password/acct Was Stolen!!

Recently my password and screenname for my Yahoo mail was stolen....I think I know who did it, but thats besides the point. That person is completely unwilling to cooperate with me. I have had this acct for over 5 years now.....now I can't access anything!!!!!!! I have looked and looked and looked for a customer service number for yahoo, but with my luck...NOTHING!!! I'm really getting worked up about this, and I can't beleive Yahoo doesnt make it easier to contact them. If anyone has a number that I can contact, or if anyone know a way to get my old acct back, I would GREATLY appreciate it....thanks again.....
Old 04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
TerminalDogma

Just goes to show, write down your verification info when you make an account. Atleast then, even if a hacker changes the editable information, you can still verify.

If you still have the info and want to verify the account and get everything back...
1-408-349-1572, Option 2, option2.
This takes you to Password issues. More formally known as "Account Verification"
Old 04-16-2005, 10:13 PM
lyin

Default i would suggest

making friends with a hacker of some sort,,,,,,,,,they will fix it quicker then yahoo,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-18-2005, 08:15 PM
TerminalDogma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyin
making friends with a hacker of some sort,,,,,,,,,they will fix it quicker then yahoo,,,,,,,,,

Unofficial lines have always been fastest
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Taken

Default I called the Number listed here

I was highjacked just 3 days ago and also can not get into any of my yahoo accounts now.
When I loged onto my internet service, my yahoo messanger poped up telling me that I had abused the yahoo chat and that my account was being discontuniued. I haven't been in chat in years.
As soon as I closed out the messanger I tried to connect again under the name and password and wasn't able to. I went to my email and tried logging in there and couldn't.
Last night my Grandaughter recieved a message on the messanger with my username that was highjacked with links to phorographic web links on it, this morning my Grandson got the same.
I called the number listed here and reported it I have also posted a report to the yahoo customer link and now to the reportabuse email.
I doubt I will ever get it resolved because I can not remember all the info I listed, like birth date and so on because I made this account maybe 10 years ago. But at least I have done all I can to stop it from going on.
If anyone can give any suggestion as to what else one can do, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will check back to see if anyone has any more info about this.

I called the number 1-408-349-1572 and the best they could do was give me this email to write to
[email]reportabuse@yahoo-inc.com[/email]

Taken
Old 08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
jan8262

Default Stolen Password

My account password also appears to have been stolen yesterday. Either that, or Yahoo has had some files corrupted/hacked etc and is not telling anyone. I cannot log into my main email account there, of course, the one I have had for 10+ years!
I am hoping password services can get past the zip code issue!!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
ljlemer

Default Another victim

My password was changed and my deluxe account canceled by the changer. I have 7 years of records in the hands of a hacker, not to mention control of two yahoo groups. Yahoo could care less. I wish there was some way to embarrass them publicly, maybe with the help of a reporter. Until it affects their bottom line they won't change.