Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
TerminalDogma

Download the newest version of Java ([url]www.java.com[/url]), install, and restart.
Clear cookies and cache. Chances are its a configuration or connection issue on your end.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Cornholio

FYI,

I had the same problem with my Yahoo email. I could receive and compose messages, but it would not let me send messages or replies. I would get a "page cannot be displayed" error message. I opened a hotmail account to see if I could send a message but that wouldn't work either. I could send email from Yahoo with my computer at work though. I thought it was an Internet Explorer problem but it was not.

It turned out to be an adware / spyware program that was on my computer. My firewall/anti-spyware/anti-virus program did not detect it, but Microsoft's free beta version of AntiSpyware detected 3 spyware/adware programs on my PC. The 3 programs were called Marketscore.InternetAccelerator, Coolsavings Coupon Manager, and WhenU.SaveNow. One of them was the culprit because after I removed them, I could send email messages from my Yahoo account.

You can download the free beta version of MS AntiSpyware on Microsoft's website.

I hope this information helps someone out there.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Cornholio

I also forgot to mention another possible reason for not being able to send email from Yahoo. It may not have been the adware / spyware that MS AntiSpyware detected. It may have been my anti-virus program.

I went to the website of my anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware software manufacturer and had them perform a scan on my PC for updates. I had some files that may have been corrupted, which were fixed. It is possible that the anti-virus software was causing the problem because it got infected or corrupted.

To check if this is your problem, try deactivating your anti-virus / anti-spyware program and then go into Yahoo and try to send an email message. If you are able to send an email, then try uninstalling the anti-virus program and re-installing it. Make sure to download any updates from the manufacturer. See if you can send email from Yahoo again.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Maria1

Default Can not sign in Yahoo messenger

I can not sign in Yahoo messenger ,plaese help. God Bless, My e- mail address is [email]Mablghs@Aol.com[/email]
Old 07-25-2005, 05:43 PM
vinod_vasavan

Default problem in entering inbox please help plzzzzzzzzz....

from last week onwards im not able to check my mails. im able to login to my account but from there im not able to move further.not even able to compose, check mails, compose. Whan clicking the corresponding links the process bar will go till 4 and shows NO PAGE TO DISPLAY CANNOT FIND SERVER. this is my official mail id . so im in real trouble please help.
my email is [email]vinod_vasavan@yahoo.com[/email]
Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Mr SupportSentry

Vinod, have you tried to send email from another computer?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:13 AM
sattler_richard

Angry need help

Every time I want to do a reply or send a message it won't let me put in addresses. Any body HELP
Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
dgarvey

Default Yahoo email Compose problems

Since Wed., 11/16/05 I have been unable to Compose, Reply to emails, or send from Draft emails. I can get into my mail ok, but once I attempt to send in any of these venues, I get the response/compose page but the input text box in Compose or the previous email text box in Reply is missing, just not there. Therefore, there is no way to post text. This is the first occurrence of this kind of problem for me in 7 years with yahoo mail.

As far as I know, I didn't do anything to update IE.

The only events just prior to the problem were an unusual series of about 7-8 repetitious spam emails which appeared in my inbox earlier that day(unusual for me). I deleted all without opening. I had done a fairly long video clip download (I'm on dial up service) from a friend's email link (video service through youtube), and I did delete all cookies (incl. yahoo mail) prior to the problem, but had done that many times before without incurring any difficulties.

I sent a problem report to yahoo mail on their help link but have had no reply yet. After reading other notices on this site, it would appear that I shouldn't hold my breath. Any advice? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:18 AM
dgarvey

Another note and update to the above mentioned email compose prob. I forgot that I had also done an update to my Norton Antivirus Virus definitions that same day (Wed. 11/16/05). I did today try disabling my antivirus software, deleting cookies again and restart Yahoo mail but to no avail. Still have same problem.

I did find a partially satisfactory solution though through the Yahoo Mail customer support number that I found at this site (the 408-349-1572 number). They gave me a work around by using Options>General Preferences>Composing E-mails and toggling that to plain text instead of colors and graphics and saving that setting. When I did so, I could get a text box to input to for composing or replying. It is like the old days of yahoo mail and isn't the greatest, but will do for now.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:47 PM
cal7us

Arrow cannot send messages

I'm glad I finally found a place where there might be some answers from other disgrunteled yahoo customers. Sadly it looks like there is little chance that yahoo support will respond. Yes, I've tried Yahoo help to no avail.

I'm having the same exact problems as described by dgarvey. I update my Norton AntiVirus regularly. My probelms started earlier in November. Won't let me send, or copy (from a doc) into the reply field. I also noticed more spam getting through in my yahoo account.

I won't hold my breath for help from yahoo, but I will attempt all the fixes described here. Thanks for the help, yahoo users.