Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
foxygoddess

Default Yahoo! Messenger and Mobile Phones

I often login to Yahoo Messenger from my mobile phone. For several days now, it hasn't been working. People can see that I've logged in, but no messages get through either way. I don't receive any, and the ones I send don't get through.

I know the problem is at Yahoo's end and not my mobile service provider, as I have tried to login from phones on three different networks (using the correct phone number according to each network) and NONE of them worked. But you can bet that I've been charged for the text messages that were sent.

I emailed Yahoo - surprise, surprise - I got no reply. Yet again it's a ridiculous hour of the morning and I have had to phone Yahoo! from Australia just to get some help. I have been given an email address for a technician, which I am going to try, but thought I'd include here in case anyone else has had this problem. If anyone else has had the problem, and has had it resolved, please let me know how you got it fixed! Here's the email address I was given:

[email]messenger-help@yahoo-inc.com[/email]

The woman I spoke to was rude and abrupt. I have worked in customer service for years - including in law enforcement/emergency services, so I know about stress - and I would NEVER speak to someone the way she spoke to me.

I used to think that Yahoo! staff were mythical creatures like unicorns and dragons. I almost wish that fantasy hadn't been shattered. The imagery was much nicer. Now I know they're horrible, as well as being as useful as mammary glands on a male bovine. NOT HAPPY!