Support Sentry Forums

Go Back   Support Sentry Forums > Customer Service Complaint Forums > Yahoo! Customer Service and Complaints
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
shirleygirl

Default Yahoo Customer Service does not exist

I have been trying for 2 weeks to contact Yahoo Customer Service. All the response I have received is their automatic message telling me to check their FAQ and post my question if I don't find what I need. I have done this and I get back a message that they will contact me within 24 hours. NOT!

Here is my problem. If any of you out there know what I can do, your help will be more than appreciated.

Last week I began receiving this annoying little pop-up from Yahoo Answers.
It works continously and interrups my work. I work on line all day long and have to X off their little box each time. If I accidentally try to scroll down on the site I am working in, the whole screen becomes Yahoo Answers and then I have to X that off before I can continue with my work. Over a day's work it amounts to a lot of wasted time.

I have checked their entire site including the Yahoo Answers site and there is no place that I can see where I can disable or discontinue this service, which I did not request in the first place.

I called 800 information and got a number for Yahoo/ATT Hi Speed Internet Service...(866-722-9246), and I actually spoke to a real person. She was very nice, but works for ATT and could only give me other numbers for Yahoo CS 866-383-2257 and Sales 408-349-1572. Can you believe the Customer Service number is disconnected!? The Sales number has a recording and their hours are 7A-7P CST Mon-Fri. So whatever help that is to anyone...good luck.

As for me, if you know how I can get rid of Yahoo Answers I would love to know.
I will call the Sales number on Monday to see if they can help me as well, and will give you a report on that.

It is totally unacceptable not to be able to reach either a live person or receive a specific response after a reasonable amount of time.

SIL
Old 05-21-2006, 06:05 PM
thain

Thumbs up Strangely, I have found them helpful!

To judge from the high number of dissatisfied users here, my experience seems to have been unique! But I have to say Yahoo CS has done for me exactly what I wanted but did not expect.

I could not get their 'Find People on Yahoo!' utility to work. Several people in China had sent me their Yahoo! IDs but I couldn't find any of them; all my searches delivered zero matches. So I sent an email to Yahoo Customer Service setting out exactly what I had tried to do, and got an automated reply which told me to do exactly what I had been doing. This was not very promising.

However I discovered that the Chinese IDs worked fine in IM, and I subsequently had excellent chats - fully operational webcams - with my friends in China. But Find People still didn't find them.

So I replied politely to the computer, pointing out that I had been doing exactly what they recommended, and this time I got a response which was obviously from a human being. He asked me to mail back one of the IDs I had been searching for so they could try it themselves, and I did so. I also mentioned that the IDs had worked fine in IM.

Finally I got another email from Customer Service to say they were glad to hear that I was now making contact with the people I wanted, AND that they had reported my difficulty as a bug, and would mail me when it had been fixed.

From start to finish took about three days and, considering that I am probably six or seven time zones away from them, I think that is very reasonable. They listened to my problem, then replicated it, and then set a bugfix process in motion. To me, as a man who has spent 25 years writing software, that was a respectable and professional response from a CS department.

So all I can suggest is that you use email rather than phone (clearly their system is not oriented to handling phone calls) and press through the initial automated response. Do not just copy your original email again and again, because although the response text is automated, your mail will in fact be read by a human being, and he needs something new to go on. Give it to him.

Be polite, be very very clear, be brief, and you may get a good result. I hope so.

thain
Old 05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
lordielordie

Post You get what you pay for..

For what we pay Yahoo is giving the service they can afford giving . It is our fault that we rely on a free service for important functions..

customer service is people intensive, and people cost money.. if you do not pay for the service you receive you should not expect a better service then the level that yahoo can afford giving you..

We must remember that when we use yahoo, we are at the mercy of Yahoo. they can decide to shut down email and there is nothing we can do about it... The agreement we sign when we accept the term of use are totally one sided, and since it is free we agree to it.

If email, or messenger is an important function for you life or business, then get a premium account or switch to a paying service and you'll have some rights and customer service.

I had the same problem about a month ago, and I was amazed that I could actually get a service rep on the phone, and that eventually (after faxes and emails) I got my service back... and FOR FREE!

WOW! what a county!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:06 AM
lugia

Yahoo Customer Service does exist. You can see it here: [URL=http://hn-15.tripod.com/contacts.htm]http://hn-15.tripod.com/contacts.htm[/URL]
However, they only have three options: Business Mail, Yahoo Mail Plus, and Personal Mail. No free mail!